SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..."
Page 1 ... 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... 620
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Joe Biden on the campaign trail: "If you like your health care plan, ..." Login/Join 
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:

Why would anyone here care about this article from *CNN* speculating about Biden running for a second term?

I don't know about anybody else, but I think it was hilarious. Here they are talking about his second term, and he can't even count to potato in public right now, or take softball questions from a syncophantic 'home field' press that DESPERATELY wants to make him look good. He won't last another 8 months, much less another 8 freaking years. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Moderate or liberal? Harris co-sponsored single-payer healthcare, Green New Deal, reparations bills
Oh...no DOUBT. EVERYTHING about that sack of fecal matter screams HARD core Leftist Progressive. That bat-shit crazy bitch is lookin' at "Moderate" and "Liberal" in the rear view mirror.

And as for Biden and another 8 years?!? I'll go even farther, Hound Dog...I'd be amazed if he makes it 8 more WEEKS! All that crotchety old fart can do is drool in his pudding cup. C'MON, MAANNN!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Today's whistling-past-the-graveyard fever dream, presupposing Biden could handle a first term.

The Real Problem with Joe's Dementia

Many Americans seem to have understandably concluded that Joe Biden has dementia based on his very public displays of confusion, aphasia, and incoherence. But the question we should actually be asking is What is going on with Joe out of public view?

Like many Americans who have cared for parents with dementia, I witnessed my father’s decline firsthand and, sadly, Joe Biden is presenting exactly as my father did in the early stages -- right down to the vacant look in his eyes. While I am neither doctor nor expert, physicians and other medical professionals rely heavily on caregiver observations because they monitor the disease’s progression 24/7 over the long haul, and can add valuable input that is not always obvious at an appointment or measurable with a cognitive test. I am relying on my experience as my father’s caregiver, corroborated by medical professionals, health consultants, literature, research, and the shared experiences of others. Of course, not every dementia victim will experience every symptom, but the commonalities are significant.

As the disease grabs hold of one’s faculties, men like Biden and my father continue to view themselves as experienced executives -- in control, commanding, and coherent; holding court as the family patriarch; the old dude who’s seen it all. They don’t doubt their ability to express complex ideas with the right words. And so, they conduct business as usual and, for the most part, things go fine until they stammer over a word, get frustrated, then confused, and either babble their way out or shut down. It isn’t long before lost words, forgotten names, and elusive ideas are replaced by whatchamacallit, whosimajig, whatshername, and the thing.

These lapses can be easily hidden during the early stages. It’s not uncommon for loved ones, spouses in particular, to make excuses for the afflicted, cover up the messes, and run interference with others. In those embarrassing moments when a dementia patient fails to recognize someone he should know, the dutiful spouse (often in denial) will swoop down, rush to his side, and handle the mishap. Of course X remembers you. He’s just very tired from our trip. Can you excuse us for a second? She will answer the phone and put the caller on speaker to assist with answering questions her spouse might find confounding. She will accompany him everywhere and serve as backup if he starts to frazzle. But for those occasional “senior moments,” he seems put together to the outside world.

That’s because sub rosa the dutiful spouse makes sure medicine is taken, hygiene and grooming are attended to, and meals are provided and eaten. She controls his schedule and prepares him for the day’s events. She learns mornings are best, he tires and gets confused as the day ensues, and that crowds and noise are triggers. If she doesn’t manage his life, he won’t be able to manage it. But the charade can only last so long -- she cannot anticipate everything and the effects of the disease can be unpredictable.

What many people don’t realize is that stress is a huge trigger and maintaining “life as usual” can add untold stress to a dementia patient’s life. Things we generally take for granted can be monumental stressors: a change in schedule or routine, a visit to a new place, travel, a new doctor, crowds, too many people talking at once, loud noises, a rare visit from an adult child.

As stress incidents accumulate over time, anxiety increases. As anxiety builds, confusion mounts. Eventually, it seems none of the brain’s electrical impulses can get where they need to go and the individual devolves into delusions and hallucinations. It can happen at the end of a “normal” day where the patient decompensates and becomes disoriented, confused, anxious, belligerent, or agitated (“sundowning”) or amass over months and give way to hallucinations. I call it the anxiety-confusion-delusion loop but I honestly don’t recall if I coined that caring for my father or if I read it somewhere.

What should give every voter pause is the likelihood that Biden is already experiencing or, due to high stress levels, has a very high risk of experiencing disorientation, crippling anxiety, paranoia, serious behavioral changes, delusions, and intense cognitive decline. Dementia cannot be reversed and will only worsen. He might deliver a short speech and take a few questions without incident, but he invariably falters as he tires -- indicia of other symptoms that will intensify with the hourly rigors of a campaign.

It isn’t far-fetched to anticipate a president in the White House who forgets to dress, thinks night is day, wanders aimlessly in the middle of the night looking out windows, opening drawers, trying to get somewhere else. The laundry list of behavioral changes is vast and not conducive to a functioning presidency. However, he will be propped up by Jill and his handlers, groomed, medicated, and fed, and might appear just fine at the next day’s events, even reading from notes and teleprompters… until he forgets how to read, what the notes are for, or how the teleprompter works. Forget about multitasking, handling complex economic or geopolitical issues, and running the country 24/7.

With today’s technology, deep fake videos, and a COVID-inspired virtual presidency, perhaps the DNC is confident they can pull a fast one on the American people, run a shadow government with Joe as the face of the presidency, and cover up his infirmity and ineptitude with the aid of the press -- think Woodrow Wilson and FDR. Maybe they just hope to defeat Trump by any means necessary and plan to invoke the 25th Amendment elevating Kamala Harris to the presidency -- someone who couldn’t convince more than 2% of the primary voters to consider her for the nomination. Or, they could be running Biden-Harris knowing they’re unwinnable, but fully intending to contest the election, accuse Trump of stealing it, calling (again) for his impeachment/removal, and causing just enough bedlam to destroy his second term.

The Democrat-Media Complex has been explicit about taking Trump down by any means necessary so none of this is overblown or hyperbole. In fact, these tactics have either been deployed during Trump’s first term (i.e., impeachment) or suggested as potential tools against him in another context (i.e., 25th Amendment).

Fortunately for Jill Biden and Joe’s political handlers, COVID has played right into their hands, requiring limited exposure to crowds, a controlled schedule, and scaled-back social interactions. But lurking behind those senior moment-y, Joe Biden-y gaffes is his inability to function independently for a full day at peak performance. Of course they don’t want a normal campaign season. They just need to get Joe to the finish line and, if they’re lucky, over it.

LINK

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Simple Constitutional question. Can Biden be considered medically/clinically incompetent to run for the greatest office in the land??

Not to be mean, but IF President Trump has the opportunity to debate Biden in a public venue, President Trump should give Biden the 3 word test..."Joe...I'm going to name 3 things. I'll ask you to repeat them to me in a little bit. Oh...and you can't write them down. Ready?"

Basketball
Feather Duster
Spatula

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^ mental competence is not a constitutional qualifier. That's up to the people to decide.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the past, Presidents have had dementia and other serious problems. Woodrow Wilson is a good example. He was diagnosed with atheroslcerosis. His wife ran the country for the second term.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
Today's whistling-past-the-graveyard fever dream, presupposing Biden could handle a first term.

Biden shouldn't rule out a second term if he wins

Why would anyone here care about this article from *CNN* speculating about Biden running for a second term?

The article has value because it exposes a leftist's concern that Biden has hamstrung his potential administration with Biden's talk of a single term. A theoretical second term gives him more power to push the agenda but any talk from Joe about eight years is just insulting. One can't sell that and risks his own legitimacy pushing the notion. So yeah, Joe is painted in the corner one way or the other, so says this leftist.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
In the past, Presidents have had dementia and other serious problems. Woodrow Wilson is a good example. He was diagnosed with atheroslcerosis. His wife ran the country for the second term.

While I dint know enough about history to know the validity of this statement, do you have any links to his wife running the show?

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have a very particular
set of skills
posted Hide Post
I've not really paid much attention to O'Reilly's commentary before...don't agree with all of this, but its worth a watch IMHO.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ueFcGbE_ro

A real life Sisyphus...
"It's not the critic who counts..." TR
Exodus 23.2: Do not follow the crowd in doing wrong...
Despite some people's claims to the contrary, 5 lbs. is actually different than 12 lbs.
It's never simple/easy.

Posts: 4991 | Location: In the arena... | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
First CNN. Now The Young Turks? Cenk Uygur? Confused

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
While I dint know enough about history to know the validity of this statement, do you have any links to his wife running the show?

It has been reported in many accounts that Wilson suffered a severe stroke, and possibly a series.
A couple of discussions based on a search for “woodrow wilson stroke wife”:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/abo...bolling-galt-wilson/

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/h...oodrow-wilson-stroke

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the links sigfreund. That was a good, and interesting read.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
First CNN. Now The Young Turks? Cenk Uygur? Confused
That clip is from March.

Let's be careful about posting old stuff, please.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
^^^well said^^^... I think they are toast Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Back to my question a page or so back regarding traditional "blue dog" Democrats, what is the speculation that they will punch the "D" button for Sleepy Joe just because "they've ALWAYS voted Democrat"?? I know my S-I-L's family has punched the "D" button all their lives (from Iowa), but she hates Trump on many levels, so I don't consider her in the "traditional" camp.

As stated, I don't associate with "blue dog" D's, so I don't have a feel for what's in the wind in terms of their vote this year.

As for the video above...GOOD STUFF!! Regarding Corona Beer virus, I think it has now worn extremely thin with this populace. People are sick and tired (no pun intended) of masks, "shelter in place", "stay safe, work from home", social distancing, no human contact, and all the other tripe the Demoshits are spewing. Whoever pulled the trigger on it to make President Trump "look inept", pulled it too soon, IMHO, and the political value of that "crisis that didn't go to waste" for the Leftards has run its course.

Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
What they are doing, as many here know, is taking advantage of the fact that 40% of the population are willing to vote for anyone not Trump.

Do no harm....that is all they are trying to do.

Keep uncle stinky finger and Sen. Kneepads from pissing off the moderates.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Great video, and IMO, surrogates, including Obama, are keeping their distance a bit because they know it is a shitshow, Shotgun Joe has no chance at beating Trump.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For Beancooker reference Edith Wilson, the wife of Woodrow Wilson running the Presidency:

https://www.biography.com/news...dent-biography-facts

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post