SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Southern Pimento Cheese..
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Southern Pimento Cheese.. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
/\/\/\/\ This.

Pawley's Island with jalapeños.

Posts: 987 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Costco has eggs and pimento cheese, I'll head that way tomorrow when the 60+ crowd (which I are a member of) gets priority.

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
My wife likes to add it to grits or mashed potatoes..

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
My wife likes to add it to grits or mashed potatoes..

Thanks for the reminder! We had this at a restaurant last year and it was awesome! Have to make a batch this weekend.

Posts: 1361 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That is my spot.
posted Hide Post
I used to HATE it as a kid. As a grown up, it can be okay depending on how it's made.

One of my favorite sandwhich and hambuger styles around here is "southern style" or the like. Typically subbing sliced cheese for pimiento and swapping red tomato for fried green.
Wonderful stuff in a "club" style but also delicious in a cheeseburger. Especially with other neat sauces- like a creole remoulade.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin

Posts: 2110 | Location: Rural Tallahassee, FL | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Had an idear about a nice soft sub roll, 1/2 pound of crisp bacon, lettuce and tomato, smothered in pimento cheese. Providing thats not fattening.. Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Had an idear about a nice soft sub roll, 1/2 pound of crisp bacon, lettuce and tomato, smothered in pimento cheese. Providing thats not fattening.. Big Grin

I had a grilled Palmetto Pimento cheese with bacon on Sarah Lee Artesano bread for lunch. Carb overload, but SO worth it.

Posts: 1361 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.9mm:
I had a grilled Palmetto Pimento cheese with bacon on Sarah Lee Artesano bread for lunch. Carb overload, but SO worth it.

Now that sounds well worth the effort to make! Although here it would be homemade or Price's store bought pimento cheese spread. The Artesano bread is a great choice BTW.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Bump..cause somebody made me hungry.. Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Greasy cheeseburger, grilled onions, good bacon, over easy egg, and pimento cheese…

Posts: 5729 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread just got me to thinking how the spread might taste on a grilled bratwurst. Tomorrows' mission is to find some and do a taste test.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2887 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
You'll need half brat and half pimento cheese. And half vidailia onion too.. Big Grin. And see der rabbits..that's funny.. Big Grin

A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I like it on Townhouse crackers.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post