SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Southern Pimento Cheese..
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Southern Pimento Cheese.. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HOGSTR:
Put it on a hamburger!

Signed, 7th Generation Arkansan

With Bacon Wink

Posts: 1361 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grew up with Mrs. Grissom's pimento cheese. They supply many tubs of different sandwich fare around south central Kentucky and central Tennessee.

Posts: 39 | Location: SOKY | Registered: March 09, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NO! Pimento Cheese is wrong, next thing you will be telling us is that you like Miracle Whip.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have been eating the stuff since growing up in southern Virginia. Best I've found available at the store is this:

https://www.pimentocheese.com/...o-cheese-bacon-12oz/

Posts: 1178 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
Haven't had it since I got to attend the Masters at Augusta National Golf Club.

Good stuff.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I keep a tub of smoked Gouda cheese with pimentos at all times.....yummmm

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
It was a staple in our home growing up. My current favorite brand is Pawleys Island Pimento Cheese. The variety with jalapenos is a bit too hot for me, but a little Texas Pete sauce on the regular does the trick.

Pawleys Island is a bit thick for my tastes, but do loves some Pimento Cheese...

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I had pimento cheese on a hot dog in South Carolina...it was DELICIOUS!

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:
It was a staple in our home growing up. My current favorite brand is Pawleys Island Pimento Cheese. The variety with jalapenos is a bit too hot for me, but a little Texas Pete sauce on the regular does the trick.

Pawleys Island is a bit thick for my tastes, but do loves some Pimento Cheese...

Just went to my local Giant for another container; they've raised a price a $1.00 a tub since last week's buy. Folks must be reading this thread. Smile

Posts: 3212 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I shopped at the Giant back in NY State for many years.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31425 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:

Good stuff.

Same. Not a fan but it was good and cheap. Pretty sure I was starving

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Been here 11 years and haven't tried it. Red Face

Posts: 27925 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My family loves it but we have always eaten it on crackers and nothing else. The little bit on the crackers has never seemed spicy to me. Maybe it's the small amount or the fact that we add some lunch meat too sometimes.

I guess it's like some Hickory Farms product project or something. Always gobbled up around the holidays for sure.

Posts: 1063 | Location: hampton roads, va. | Registered: October 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Alton Brown has a tasty version. The Prairie Woman version is fantastic stuffed in jalapeño's and smoked.

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I have to buy some about every week or so for my girlfriend. Got some tonight at Walmart in New Iberia, LA.

I never knew it was a Southern thing until this thread.

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:

Good stuff.

The Holy Grail of sporting event food.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
quote:

Good stuff.

The Holy Grail of sporting event food.

And it's only $1.50...

I love me some pimento cheese Smile

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I had pimento cheese on a hot dog in South Carolina...it was DELICIOUS!

Lived here 40 years. Never tried that. I will have to have that for lunch tomorrow! Thanks!

Posts: 1361 | Registered: October 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by charlie12:
I have to buy some about every week or so for my girlfriend. Got some tonight at Walmart in New Iberia, LA.

I never knew it was a Southern thing until this thread.

Okay, why is this labelled PimIento (note the extra "I") Cheese and not Pimento Cheese, as spelled by everyone in this thread?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31425 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post