SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Southern Pimento Cheese..
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Southern Pimento Cheese.. Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
I think I died and went to heaven. Only ate it twice now and it is just all mine.. Big Grin. You like it? Saw a on line recipe where they add too much hot stuff which is not for everyone. Then the lady makes grilled cheese sammiches with it. Believe I found something I will eat as long as I live. Wonderful!

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Mrs. Mike loves it

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was a staple in our home growing up. My current favorite brand is Pawleys Island Pimento Cheese. The variety with jalapenos is a bit too hot for me, but a little Texas Pete sauce on the regular does the trick.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grew up eating it, that and Benedictine. I have not had Pimento Cheese in some time. I hadn't has Benedictine in a long time until Christmas Eve.

I think that I just might have to pick up a tub of each next time I'm in Kroger.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Love it and always have for as long as I can remember. My Dad got me hooked, he was from N.C.

Posts: 1954 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I bought some this week. It had been a few years since I last had any.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
We had pimiento cheese sammiches on our road trip last week. Mighty good eatin’.

Posts: 26902 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HOGSTR
posted Hide Post
Put it on a hamburger!

Signed, 7th Generation Arkansan

Posts: 172 | Location: Ozark Highlands | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
The first sentence of the OP's post made me chuckle. This is the best I've found, but haven't made it in a long time.

Died & Went To Pimento Cheese Heaven

Ingredients
• 6 ounce cream cheese
• 1/2 cup vermont extra sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
• 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
• 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
• 4 ounce pimientos, chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• 1 dash hot sauce (or more!
fresh ground black pepper, to taste

DIRECTIONS
• Using a hand held mixer, beat cream cheese until soft.
• Add the remaining ingredients and beat until creamy and combined.
• Cover and refrigerate for about an hour.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Mrs. Mike just chimed in and said to add some bacon to it.

Your welcome.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Grilled Pimento Cheese is the best.

You don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows.

Posts: 16 | Location: NW FL  | Registered: February 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Been a fan of pimento cheese for years but it never occurred to me I coyld make it myself. Good tip.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5039 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:
The first sentence of the OP's post made me chuckle. This is the best I've found, but haven't made it in a long time.

Died & Went To Pimento Cheese Heaven

Ingredients
• 6 ounce cream cheese
• 1/2 cup vermont extra sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
• 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
• 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
• 4 ounce pimientos, chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• 1 dash hot sauce (or more!
fresh ground black pepper, to taste

DIRECTIONS
• Using a hand held mixer, beat cream cheese until soft.
• Add the remaining ingredients and beat until creamy and combined.
• Cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
I gotta write this down. A person could hurt their self eating this much cheese and dairy. I'd have to find a way to control myself.. Big Grin

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Mrs. Mike just chimed in and said to add some bacon to it.

Your welcome.
That would definately fit in nicely. Heaven sakes.

In search of baseball, strippers, and guns
posted Hide Post
I love is stuff. My dad grew up eating it in central West Virginia and infected me

There is a brand I get Harris Teeter that I really like but can’t remember the name of it

Dammit, now I want some

——————————————————

If the meek will inherit the earth, what will happen to us tigers?

Posts: 7796 | Location: Warrenton, VA | Registered: July 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
My mother made sandwhiches when I was growing up. Maybe I'll look for the spread for nostalgia.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
Publix in SWFL makes there own and I'm addicted to it on crackers with pickles.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
She has it right! Smile

https://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/pimento-cheese/

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Wasn't a fan at the time but wife and I were headed to Columbia SC from Charlotte airport and stopped at the Flipside Cafe in Fort Mill (really close to Carowinds). They make some amazing pimento cheese spread. Bought some to go and were eating on it for a couple of days.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wreckless:
Publix in SWFL makes there own and I'm addicted to it on crackers with pickles.

THE HELL YOU SAY?!

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9687 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post