SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hogue G10 grip fitting
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hogue G10 grip fitting Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
I just got some new Hogue G10 Piranha grips for my 239, and this is how they fit along the back. Is this normal?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
No...Mine are tight with no gap.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3474 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
The good folks at Hogue will guide you. Their products enjoy a first rate reputation, as does their customer service.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
I had a fitment issue with my 629 G10 grips, they did right by me.

Posts: 2306 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
We had a guy from Hogue on the forum didn't we? Is he still around?

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7249 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
This should be in the Pistols section. And Ken of Hogue will be along to help you out. I suspect Ken does not frequent the Lounge, if at all. And yes, that's not normal.

Q

Posts: 26339 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
...and post some pics of that gun with the new grips from the side. I have a 239 and would love to see it with the G10's.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ive put those same grips on a 239, 229, and 225A1 and all fit tightly. Most comfortable usable grips I've found. Next will be the 226.

Maryland - Where the criminals are the government

Posts: 129 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. I called Hogue, and they're looking into it.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Definitely not right for Hogues. Something is up. Interested in what Ken or someone else from Hogue says.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufactures Rep.
Picture of Ken @ Hogue Inc
posted Hide Post
Though I am not in the Lounge that often, I am today.

So, have you a resolve after this many days?

If its up to me I would say send them to Hogue Inc, Paso Robles location with a note an or pictures as to the fit issue you are seeing and we will investigate and fix.
If you have any further questions or concerns, email be direct Ken@Hogueinc.com and will get you answers

Need technical help with Hogue products and your firearm?

Try the Hogue Knowledge Base for answers!

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
www.hogueknives.com www.heatedtoiletseat.com www.zombiegrips.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

View or Download your Catalog today;

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Posts: 1597 | Location: Home Office, Paso Robles, CA -Headquarters, Henderson, NV. -W/Warehouses in San Diego, CA and Vienna, Austria | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
This should be in the Pistols section. And Ken of Hogue will be along to help you out. I suspect Ken does not frequent the Lounge, if at all. And yes, that's not normal.

Ken's an excellent help here, I'm sure your issue will be taken care of.

No, Hogue G10's are amazing and that is not the norm, but I am sure they will make it right. You have to remember there are variances in any product, I could be the gun's frame or the grips or stacking tolerances from both.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken @ Hogue Inc:
Though I am not in the Lounge that often, I am today.

So, have you a resolve after this many days?

If its up to me I would say send them to Hogue Inc, Paso Robles location with a note an or pictures as to the fit issue you are seeing and we will investigate and fix.
If you have any further questions or concerns, email be direct Ken@Hogueinc.com and will get you answers

Hi Ken,

I did indeed send them to Hogue last week. The girl I am working with confirmed they are correct, and fit correctly on three different pistols. She is sending me another pair tomorrow. If those don't work....well....I'm not sure what to do after that.

ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Manufactures Rep.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ken @ Hogue Inc:

Hi Ken,

I did indeed send them to Hogue last week. The girl I am working with confirmed they are correct, and fit correctly on three different pistols. She is sending me another pair tomorrow. If those don't work....well....I'm not sure what to do after that.

I will put my eyes on them now.
Thanks

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Posts: 1597 | Location: Home Office, Paso Robles, CA -Headquarters, Henderson, NV. -W/Warehouses in San Diego, CA and Vienna, Austria | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufactures Rep.
posted Hide Post
4x5;

Your grips went out today. Should see them in a coupel days or so.

This grip was fit to our frames in house and fit as they should.

If you have further issues, Please let me know. It may be necessary to send in your frame for further fitting.

We are having problems with our email server. Thus this notice here.

Hogue Gear
Holsters and more...
www.hogueinc.com
Ken@hogueinc.com

2023 Catalog

2023 Knife Catalog

Hogue AR-15/ Catalog

Request a Catalog

Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken @ Hogue Inc:
4x5;

Your grips went out today. Should see them in a coupel days or so.

This grip was fit to our frames in house and fit as they should.

If you have further issues, Please let me know. It may be necessary to send in your frame for further fitting.

We are having problems with our email server. Thus this notice here.

Ken,

Thanks so much for following up on this. I really appreciate it. I'm looking forward to getting the new set of grips.

ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ