SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Just had a bullet whizz buy the wife and I
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just had a bullet whizz buy the wife and I Login/Join 
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted
Sitting on our back deck the wife was catching some sun, I was darn near asleep when A bullet whizzed by and hit the house, she said what the hell was that, about the same time I said get down it's a bullet. I belly crawled across the deck and she ran in the house. That was close. Eek

Cops showed up pretty fast and took a look around, I don't think they believe us until we played back the sound from U tube. After that we started talking guns and ammo. I showed them part of my collection and reloading set up, one said you sure have allot of bullets. Big Grin

About a 1/2 hour later they left. A little surprising they didn't know much about guns but they really like my AR15 and said they needed to get one for home defense. They also said Never heard of a glock 32 .357sig. Wink One did comment that he carries a glock 43 off duty and for back up. Pretty cool just hope we don't need to call them back.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
whizzed by and hit the house,

dang, were you able to pull the bullet out of the side of the house?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
Way, WAY more info than I'd have given to responding officers I don't know, much less my neighbors (and I like my neighbors a lot, and talk to them daily). But I'm glad you and your wife are
Safe and alive.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You live in an urban area? I hear plenty of gunfire in rural areas around here. Law enforcement varies in their familiarity with firearms. I do not shoot that well, and one asked if I was an instructor. One cop was at the range a few months back with his elementary school daughters shooting 22lrs. He was on the SWAT team and he was more than knowledgeable. Stay safe.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I'm just glad neither of you were hit. Also curious about whether the bullet was recovered from the house wall.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Soooo, what did this bullet buy? Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did your wife ask if your life insurance was up to date anytime recently? Big Grin

Posts: 12577 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Scary stuff.
Glad you and the wife are OK.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Dang, did it sound like this?

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bushpilot
posted Hide Post
Last fall during deer season we had a 30 cal bullet hit the front porch of our house. Since the front is stone the bullet just dropped on the porch.

****************************************************W5SCM
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution" - Abraham Lincoln

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go" - Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1143 | Location: Little Rock, AR | Registered: January 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Couple questions:

Was the bullet recovered?

How did you happen to have it recorded to u-tube, do you 'live' record everything?

Posts: 10045 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
No the bullet has not been found yet, I'm looking at the cedar shake roof, it happen so fast, we just scrambled to get the heck in the house just didn't have time to really think just reacted.

I didn't record it on utube I was just showing the officers the sound that a close bullet makes as it goes by, they had no idea what that sounded like. Should have made that a little more clear.

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
yeah, I'd be visiting my neighbors and trying to figure out where it came from...might have been unintentional but I'd want it to stop.

and running into your home is not a safe place...a little .22 will go thru a home exterior (vinyl, drywall, insulation and OSB) so a larger caliber will go thru even more...best kinda protection is brick or rock

right around the 4th and New Years we (police) had an uptick in bullets hitting stuff....idiots go outside and shoot into the air....not thinking that they have to come down somewhere...lots of vandalism reports for a few days afterward any big event.

Glad you are OK.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:

and running into your home is not a safe place...a little .22 will go thru a home exterior (vinyl, drywall, insulation and OSB) so a larger caliber will go thru even more...best kinda protection is brick or rock

Not if you have a concrete home or one built out of cinder blocks like every single home built in France. I swear, I just don't understand why we build such piece of crap houses made out of sticks in this country. Just pure garbage.

Anyway, rant off.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Thank goodness you guys are fine.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:Not if you have a concrete home or one built out of cinder blocks like every single home built in France. I swear, I just don't understand why we build such piece of crap houses made out of sticks in this country. Just pure garbage.

Anyway, rant off.

We are a disposable society.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:Not if you have a concrete home or one built out of cinder blocks like every single home built in France. I swear, I just don't understand why we build such piece of crap houses made out of sticks in this country. Just pure garbage.

Anyway, rant off.

We are a disposable society.

And it costs too much.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:

And it costs too much.

Bull

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:

And it costs too much.

Bull

I have no idea. Assuming similar exterior finishes and interior walls still being drywall, how much extra would it be to "frame" a house in concrete block vs 2x6 lumber? I'm guessing it's more, but as a percentage of total cost may not be that much.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Have you considered moving?
This might not be the first one, just the first one when you were home.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post