SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    World Record Mt. Washington Hill Climb
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

World Record Mt. Washington Hill Climb Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted
And I thought Pike's Peak was crazy...

https://youtu.be/v-4j6mPkAYM

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
Ludicrous speed! Big Grin

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1899 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Didn't seem to be as many switchbacks as Pikes Peak. The dirt section in the middle was pucker factor worthy. Looks like a fun race. Thanks for sharing Smile.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4925 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
The dirt section was insane! At the 5 min or so mark he actually waves to someone Eek

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Having climbed Mt. Washington in my own car before, all I can say is WOW!

Chris

Posts: 2331 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
Hell, that's a pretty tricky drive at normal speeds, can't even imagine what that race was like. Huge drop offs literally right next to the road, Been up it once, that's enough for me!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
That was pretty intense! Kept me on the edge of my seat.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38600 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Pretty spectacular run. While I don't believe it is nearly as many switchbacks as PPHC, I am sure I wouldn't want to do that like TP did. I believe the guy was born without a fear gene. He is balls out with everything he does and this video shows how intense and focused he is.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
I've been a fan of his for a long time. Great driving. I love that his cars are built in Vermont.

I've driven that auto road it's bad enough at 20mph, can't imagine doing it at those speeds especially without a co-driver.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
I've always said that Rally style racing on dirt and snow is probably the most intense car racing I see. Others may disagree, but getting loose and sideways on the side of a mountain or through a town just can't be beat.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Looks like a ton of fun, rally & hillclimb type stuff would be quite a fun sport to get into.
Not too much of it here in TX, aside from rallycross.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
There is a big bicycle race up the road every year. I did in once back in the 90s. It is crazy.

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
doesn't look all that fast a lot of the time until you realize he averaged a touch over 77 mph.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10474 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Car must have a specially constructed seat to accomodate his pelotas grandes

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I've driven that road before and it is steeper than it looks.
Rally drivers have to be THE BEST drivers in the world, hands down.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
He was a busy feller wasn't he?

Love me some rally videos, those guys have some serious stones!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Watching the bit toward the last with the yellow line whipping back and forth underneath him as he chose his obviously straighter line, I was reminded of one of the expressions I remember from my late father. "I pay my taxes, I'll take my half wherever I want!" Smile

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks funner than running up it - don't do it !!!

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
doesn't look all that fast a lot of the time until you realize he averaged a touch over 77 mph.

Driving up that at 15 mph is enough to scare the shit out of you.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post