SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is Ford Looking to Bring a Car-Based Pickup Truck to the U.S.?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Ford Looking to Bring a Car-Based Pickup Truck to the U.S.? Login/Join 
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted
I imagine this small truck would find a ready niche market, especially if the price point is fairly low.

https://www.caranddriver.com/n...ckup-truck-to-the-us

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Ranchero II?

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I think if Ford brought back a modern Bronco, but with styling similar to the late 60s/early 70s rigs, they would sell a ton of them. Look how well the new-retro Mustang, Camaro, and Charger have been selling.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I always liked the El Camino and Ranchero vehicles. Very handy for a lot of people that didn’t need or want a regular pickup that could still be handy around the house.

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dodge Rampage anyone ?????

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
I think if Ford brought back a modern Bronco, but with styling similar to the late 60s/early 70s rigs, they would sell a ton of them. Look how well the new-retro Mustang, Camaro, and Charger have been selling.

They’re bringing back the Bronco for the MY 2020. Big Grin
They’re also bringing the Ranger back for MY 2019.

Posts: 434 | Location: Utah | Registered: March 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They better do something fast, their stock is tanking.
I think they have been so misguided over the years, it is a wonder they are still around.

I mean, buying Jaguar?? Nothing against the cars themselves, but the sales on those have never been good. The guy that did that was a Briton, he just wanted to save Jag. Of course he got an $85 million bonus.

They took the hit for the Firestone Tire debacle. That cost about $10 million.
Firestone tires are bad, so Ford pays for all the replacement tires??

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
think if Ford brought back a modern Bronco, but with styling similar to the late 60s/early 70s rigs, they would sell a ton of them.

They are doing just that. I'm pretty excited for it.

Bronco Teaser

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
quote:
think if Ford brought back a modern Bronco, but with styling similar to the late 60s/early 70s rigs, they would sell a ton of them.

Bronco Teaser

You have more faith than me...I predict an overpriced Explorer, leaving out the things that made a Bronco a Bronco.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
If that's the type of vehicle I wanted, I would buy the Honda Ridgeline.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It looks to be a handy little vehicle. If priced cheap enough I might be interested.

Posts: 430 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
quote:
If that's the type of vehicle I wanted, I would buy the Honda Ridgeline.

No doubt. Probably the best unibody "pick up" out there.

[quote]You have more faith than me...I predict an overpriced Explorer, leaving out the things that made a Bronco a Bronco.[quote]

It will undoubtedly have an independent front suspension, and a 5.0 optional. As long as it has a removable hardtop, I'll get it.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Subaru Brat

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
When I lived in Boca Raton, FL, I saw an older Rolls Royce sedan that had been expertly converted to a pick up truck. Classy!

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8949 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Seems odd with return of the Ford Ranger in 2019 (Link)

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23253 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
VW Rabbit Pickup

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devil's Advocate
Picture of Holger Danske
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
When I lived in Boca Raton, FL, I saw an older Rolls Royce sedan that had been expertly converted to a pick up truck. Classy!

Was Travis McGee driving, and was Meyer riding shotgun -- the electric blue Miss Agnes?

________
Homo sum: humani nil a me alienum puto

Posts: 1080 | Location: Baton Rouge | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
I read that the 2020 Bronco will be body on frame, based on the frame of the 2019 Ranger so expect a midsize closer to the '70's era than the '80's era that were full size. Top will be removable. Base engine will be turbo 4 with possible turbo 6 optional. There is clamor for a solid front axle but will most likely be independent front suspension.

https://www.caranddriver.com/f...ant-have-all-the-fun

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
97 + % of the trips in my pu's are with a payload less than 750 lbs. I've taken the last two trucks I drive as daily drivers and lowered the suspension for easier access/egress. Never use 4wd so buy 2wd full size.

Theres a market for a full size pu with easy entry and reasonable size.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
quote:

Bronco Teaser

If the top comes off sign me up.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post