SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    More public assistance fraud arrests in Orthodox Jewish community in NJ
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More public assistance fraud arrests in Orthodox Jewish community in NJ Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
This isn't about $10-$20k this is MILLION$ out of the state's Taxpayer funded bank account. They've stopped the towns tax base by making 70% of the properties Religiously tax exempt. The Temple owns the houses it rents back to it's congregations. They don't participate in the public schools, yet run the entire school board. The schools are neglected, teachers and sports activities have been cut and the students are receiving the worst educations, producing more impoverished welfare bound citizens. It's a mess that has reached the boiling point. It is our Camden/Newark in Ocean County, one of the few Conservative places in the dirty political state of New Jermany.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8315 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^

Yup.

The town my sister lives in went over 70% for Trump I believe.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30282 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
^^^^

Yup.

The town my sister lives in went over 70% for Trump I believe.

Doesn't surprise me. Ocean County is a Republican county from the Freeholders to local government.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
another $325k!

Twelve More Charged In Lakewood Medicaid And Benefits Scam: OC Prosecutor

Twelve more Lakewood residents have been charged with defrauding Medicaid and government assistance programs, according to the Ocean County Prosecutor's Office.

The six couples were all handed complaint summonses on Thursday morning at their homes charging them with third degree theft by deception, spokesman Al Della Fave said

The charges allege that the defendants misrepresented their income, declaring amounts that were low enough to receive the program’s benefits, when in fact their income was too high to qualify, he said.

"The investigations revealed that the defendants received income from numerous sources that they failed to disclose on required program applications," Della Fave said. "As a result, they received benefits that they were not entitled to under these programs for themselves or family members."

Those charged today include:

Eliezer and Elkie Sorotzkin, 33 and 31, respectively, of West Spruce Street for allegedly wrongfully collected approximately $74,960 in Medicaid benefits between January 2011 and December 2013.

Samuel and Esther Serhofer, 45 and 44, respectively, Whispering Pines Lane for allegedly wrongfully collecting approximately $72,685 in Medicaid benefits between January 2009 and December 2013.

Yisroel and Rachel Merkin, 37 and 34, respectively, Hermosa Drive for allegedly wrongfully collecting approximately $70,557.51 in Medicaid, SNAP, and HEAP benefits between January 2011 and December 2014.

Jerome Menchel, 33, and Mottel Friedman, 30, Pressburg Lane for allegedly wrongfully collecting $63,839 in Medicaid and SNAP benefits between January 2011 and July 2014.

Tzvi and Estee Braun, 35 and 34, respectively, Ridge Avenue for allegedly wrongfully collecting $62,746.74 in Medicaid, HEAP, and CICRF benefits between January 2009 and December 2013.

Moshe and Nechama Hirschmann, 30 and 27 respectively, Emmanuel Drive for allegedly wrongfully collecting $53,418.39 in Medicaid and SNAP benefits between January 2011 and December 2015.

Thursday morning's charges were the latest in a series of charges file against a number of Lakewood residents. nvestigations by all the participating agencies are continuing. More charges may be added as each case proceeds through the legal process.

Anyone with any information is urged to all Sgt. Mark Malinowksi at the Prosecutor's Office at 732-2929-2027.

The investigations begun by the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Red Bank Office and the New Jersey Office of the State Comptroller – Medicaid Fraud Division, were expanded to include the US Social Security Administration, New Jersey Department of the Treasury – Office of Criminal Investigation, and the Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office – Economic Crimes Unit, he said. The Ocean County Prosecutor's Office is prosecuting the above arrested individuals at the state level.

https://patch.com/new-jersey/b...r&utm_campaign=alert

Posts: 8315 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
It's a shame that they ruin the reputation of all the others that follow the rules.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
jail them, make them pay restitution and penalty of double the amount. No, jail them, take their property, sell it to repay the debt and go after the rest.

All the time we have threads where we collectively complain about freeloaders, welfare moochers, people that have multiple babies to get more funds, those that get EBT cards and buy a steak,

Well if you think that is wrong than this should really upset you when wealthy families are purposely defrauding the taxpayers a single mother with one kid on EBT is nothing compared to these shills...

They are stealing, no if and or buts about it.

Posts: 23207 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
disgusting

I like the idea of taking their property and selling it off to cover restitution

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53071 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
And still, just the tip of the iceberg. But I'd bet that plenty more of them are sweating it now.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8832 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
And still, just the tip of the iceberg. But I'd bet that plenty more of them are sweating it now.

Practically every resident in that town could probably be indicted. And that ain't no chutzpah.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30282 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Besides dealing w criminal charges, I hope the IRS does intense audits on their taxes back to the day they started working.

and they get put on a list of people to be audited every year for decades

Posts: 19493 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

Word is many cut and run off to Israel, which has no extradition treaty...

Remember Eddie Antar aka Crazy Eddie, his prices are insane?
He did exactly that until he was sick and came back for his sentence.