SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Sharyl Attkisson
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sharyl Attkisson Login/Join 
Picture of cne32507
posted
Stonewalled: My Fight for Truth Against the Forces of Obstruction, Intimidation, and Harassment in Obama’s Washington by Sharyl Attkisson

This is a good book. The author, a 30-year veteran investigative reporter who spent wasted her career at CBS, shows us the inside dope about how the Obama administration manipulated what was reported in broadcast MSM: hence, “Fake News”.

I also like her weekly show: Full Measure with Sharyl Attkisson

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watch frequently.
She is a very intelligent, thorough, insightful, truthful, fair journalist. A real rarity!

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
Reading The Smear now, same author.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1083 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
The only major network reporter to have covered the BATFE Operation Fast and Furious, she attracted the ire of Obama and his minions, and was illegally surveilled by the fed.gov.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31383 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
The only major network reporter to have covered the BATFE Operation Fast and Furious, she attracted the ire of Obama and his minions, and was illegally surveilled by the fed.gov.

And booted from her job as a journalist (in her case: "Journalist" is deserved) at CBS "News."

Be interesting to see her get a time slot on OAN.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

And booted from her job as a journalist (in her case: "Journalist" is deserved) at CBS "News."

According to her book, Attkisson negotiated an early release from her contract. She says she could not work for the current CBS News leadership; Scott Paley. They would not air her stories and wanted her to cover others stories.

Her weekly TV show, Full Measure, appears exclusively on Sinclair Broadcasting.

Investigative journalism is dying in the US. I remember when Pensacola's newspaper did local investigations. They exposed and covered some shady dealings. Those days are gone, now that Gannet owns the paper.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

According to her book, Attkisson negotiated an early (in 2014?) release from her contract. She says she could not work for the then current CBS News leadership; Scott Paley. They would not air her stories and wanted her to cover others stories.

Her weekly TV show, Full Measure, appears exclusively on Sinclair Broadcasting.

Investigative journalism is dying in the US. I remember when Pensacola's newspaper did local investigations. They exposed and covered some shady dealings. Those days are gone, now that Gannet owns the paper.