SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Amazon shipping going down hill
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon shipping going down hill Login/Join 
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted
I use Amazon alot. Prices are good, shipping is free and they have alot of stuff.

More and more they seem to be using some second party shippers that really suck. Stuff that is shipped UPS is always good. Heck the normal UPS guy leave a dog biscuit for my dog.

These other shippers just suck. Today an item is marked as delivered with a time when I was home. Amazon says it was likely mis-scanned and will be delivered tomorrow. We will see.

A few weeks ago a shipment was lost with several items. Amazon said the shipper lost the package and refunded me my money.

I just want my stuff hassle free. That is why I use Amazon.

Anyone else having any issues like this.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My orders usually come pretty quick with no hassles. Sometimes things happen.

Posts: 6874 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. The USPS is doing Amazon Prime here. Local post office has been claiming they are short staffed and are unable to sort the PO box mail in a timely fashion because they have the Amazon Prime account. The Amazon packages are arriving much later and their tracking system is at best poor. A number of people here are pretty unhappy.

Posts: 17225 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by patw:
My orders usually come pretty quick with no hassles. Sometimes things happen.

Most of mine do to but to many are having issues in the last few months.

My last order was spilt into two shipments. One with USPS, it arrived today on time.

The other with Carrier: AMZL US, Tracking #: which was the no show. It's always these carriers that screw up. USPS and UPS are good. This one is the same name I have seen every time there is a problem

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
This is interesting. I guess it's all about location. My Amazon purchases get here quicker than ever now. A friend living in Charlotte has received some items purchased that same day. Living within 50 miles of a couple of Amazon distribution centers has its benefits.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jerkyjer
posted Hide Post
just going thru this now. whenever usps gets involved it sucks. when its ups, its done professionally. I can only imagine what amazon negotiated with usps, yuk.

War Eagle!

Posts: 206 | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
Mine get here on time. Most come via USPS these days.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I've been a Prime guy for 10 years. I don't believe I've ever had an order late by more then a day. 95% are right on time.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I think they've used freelance couriers or somesuch in the Dallas area for a few of my orders. One guy seemed like a Jamaican Uber driver. One day he didn't have a package for me or my place of work, but he was insistent on leaving a package with us because the delivery was for a person who lived around the corner, and had the same last name as the name of our business. The intended recipient wasn't home, so the driver figured "same name on this business, as what's on this package. Address doesn't match...I'll leave it here!"

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Check out the pitch your bitch section.

There are at least 2 threads in there about this, iirc.

USPS is horrible with Prime

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5306 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
My local usps delivers prime stuff quickly and efficiently pretty much all the time. Zero complaints.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigmule
posted Hide Post
No real issues here, but I might offer a correction, it's not free shipping.
We pay $99 bucks a year, maybe more soon.

99x(amazon prime members)= a lot of dough.

Posts: 2330 | Registered: July 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
It's not clear if the OP was referring to Amazon's free shipping or the "pre-paid free" Amazon Prime service, but shipping on items sold by Amazon, is a matter of location: Current Amazon Fulfillment Centers

My Amazon Prime service has never been better. If you look at that table, different type items are shipped from different locations. I'd guess that 1/3rd of the time, my Guaranteed Two Day purchases arrive the next weekday. Ordering something on a Friday and receiving it the next Monday is a pretty common occurrence. Amazon formerly used FedEx for two day delivery, but they seem to nearly always use UPS now. USPS is still occasionally used, but not as much as it used to be for me.

My UPS driver who also lives in a rural area, but is not an Amazon Prime member, has reported occasionally receiving items with free shipping the next day.

Freelance couriers being mentioned reminded me of this amusing story. I ordered some toilet paper from a 3rd party seller. After about two weeks, my toilet paper had not been delivered. I contacted the seller and reported that "I need TP for my bunghole." I don't know if the seller caught the "Beavis and Butthead" reference, but they had a private courier deliver TP for my bunghole. The courier, who had a long drive, even called me to let me know when he would arrive. "It's just toilet tissue." he said. I replied, "Yeah, I know. Just throw it in the back of the truck if no one's at the house."

Posts: 1140 | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Funny you mention.

Just today, I had a small purchase go missing. I'm calling it that because per Amazon, AMZL US delivered it, but in reality, nope.

I don't believe that it was delivered and simply stolen because the two UPS packages that arrived earlier in the day from the same order were sitting patiently at my door waiting for me to get home. Ironically, one of those was a replacement for an Amazon shipment that UPS had previously lost, which I bitched about in one of the other threads.

I'll get a replacement shipped and Amazon will write it off, I'm sure, but Comet is absolutely correct. They're getting too big and quality is becoming a problem, but it's in more areas than just shipping. They have poor control and vetting of their Marketplace merchants. Bait & switch or straight up knock-off products are more and more common. Amazon is slow to react to reviews or complaints that expose them, too!

Jeff needs to get his shit together.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigmule:

99x(amazon prime members)= a lot of dough.

It looks my previous post was in response to yours, but I just spent some extra time on my "I need TP for my bunghole section", so our posts overlapped.

I did tell my UPS driver "You know, I think that Amazon is losing money on me." (The nearest UPS hub is 1 1/2 hour drive away.) My UPS driver pointed out that very many people are paying $100 / year for Prime service, and that Amazon was not likely to be losing money on me even though I order a lot of sub $10 items. I do think that it is more likely to be correct to say that UPS is losing money on me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rh,

Free radical
scavenger
Picture of rh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
They have poor control and vetting of their Marketplace merchants. Bait & switch or straight up knock-off products are more and more common. Amazon is slow to react to reviews or complaints that expose them, too!

We're getting a bit off topic, but if polite attempts at remediation fail, just say

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate.

You will refund my money. If you want your junk back, you will send me a pre-paid shipping label.

You have been reported, and this is all in Amazon's hands now."

That works.

Now back on topic, the worst shipping experience I've had with Amazon was with specific light bulbs. The seller did not mention being located in Singapore. The light bulbs arrived 3 months later and were obviously shipped on a proverbial "slow boat from China."

Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I have only had 2 issues where an Amazon Prime package was late past the 2 day shipping. On both occasions I contacted Amazon and was given a video or music credit of $5.

Things from 3rd parties on the other hand one might as well toss a dart at the calendar and one might know when it will arrive.

I have never had a package just flat not arrive. Though this seems to be happening more anecdotally. I have a Ring doorbell I need to install. I will then have video evidence of said package either not being delivered or stolen.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25410 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I've only had Prime for 6 months but have no 0 issues. Usually USPS delivers and they've been right on time.

My friend who live 30 min away is a different story. His stuff usually comes from Prestige/Lasership and they are consistently delivering his stuff after 8 pm.

I don't believe this is an Amazon thing, but they have chosen to work with these idiots (Prestige/Lasership.) You get what you paid for...

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I'm good, AS LONG AS IT'S STRAIGHT UPS.

FedEx is variable, "Stupid Post" is a freakin' nightmare.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I live less than 5 miles from a brand new Amazon distribution center. My delivery's are done as far as I can tell by a private delivery company. They drive unmarked white vans. They may work directly for Amazon.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post