SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    TENS Units: Does anyone have first hand experience with home units
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TENS Units: Does anyone have first hand experience with home units Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Every now and again when my lower back goes out I'll use a small retail bought TENS and a heating pad. Crank the TENS up one setting over what hurts, heating pad on scorch and settle in. It works.

Posts: 482 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I have one but I forget the brand. For soft tissue injury it's a miracle drug for me. Mine came via prescription ten years ago so I had no idea they were so commercially available.

Posts: 7069 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Thank you for all the "Try before you buy" offers. Her birthday is next week and I'm just going to buy her a unit recommended here.

I can always count on my "invisible friends" at the SIG Forum.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Jacked up my back in a car accident about 14 years ago. Had microdiscectomy at L5/S1 about 10 years ago, fusion at C4-C6 about 8 years ago.

I have one of these I picked up on sale at WalGreens about two years ago

https://www.amazon.com/Omron-P...ron+tens+units&psc=1

Doesn't help much with nerve pain but, it works pretty good to help loosen up the muscles though.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Works for my Occipital Neuralgia. Not sure about other conditions though.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rolan_Kraps:
I have used them as part of Rehab for different things, but my wife has Sciatica and has asked for one.

Does anyone use them? Are they worth it? Which ones do you use?

I looked at the Quell units but they don't get very good reviews.

I carry the BioMed Impulse (Digital) Price $99 I acceptFlex spending cards and Other payments.
I would like a script for it....
Full warranty New in Box w electrodes

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8339 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
I got mine from the chiropractic office years ago. I think it was about ~$90. The pads can be found on Amazon. It helps me with nerve and muscle pain. Good luck.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8753 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.tensunits.com/product/PMT-U20B.html

I have used this unit for several years now. Has about 10 preprogrammed setting. However, I only like about 2 of them.

Posts: 5414 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use a simple one for my back pain. Use the TENS unit with a heating pad and it will work wonder.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Ive got a cheapie from walgreens and its been great.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TENS is not going to do much for sciatica. I would start with some ice, minimal sitting, increased muscle tone, lose weight.

It probably feels better to sit, but when she stands after sitting the sciatica is much worse. Vertical loads put 6x as much pressure on the lumbar spine when the individual is seated vs standing.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
TENS is not going to do much for sciatica. I would start with some ice, minimal sitting, increased muscle tone, lose weight.

Steve, studies have shown that women who carry a little extra weight and don't work out live longer than the men who suggest that they lose it and exercise.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thank you for all the "Try before you buy" offers. Her birthday is next week and I'm just going to buy her a unit recommended here.

I can always count on my "invisible friends" at the SIG Forum.

I actually have an extra one that is an exact copy of the one my physical therapist used on me originally. I relied on mine so much back then, that I bought a backup. Since I had my hips replaced 10 years ago, I've only used my original one 2 times, I don't need a backup.

This is a fully adjustable one that the current can be a slight tingling to almost unbearable quivering of your muscles through shock therapy.
Works on 120V or AA batteries. Uses 2 electrode pads or 4 pads.

No sense buying anything, until you see if it will work. I certainly had luck with it and my sciatic problems.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:

Steve, studies have shown that women who carry a little extra weight and don't work out live longer than the men who suggest that they lose it and exercise.

Now that is funny. There is a TENS unit that I really like. However it weighs 13 lbs. and costs about $2,700. The patent office describes it as state of the art.

Wreckdiver, what is the model TENS unit that you are using?

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rehabilicare IF II Interferential Stimulator

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post