SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Remember The Old PS Monthly Maintenance Magazines?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remember The Old PS Monthly Maintenance Magazines? Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted
I know plenty of you guys remeber the old P.S. Monthly magazines you used to get at your maintennce shops. Msgt. Half-Mast (he has white hair now lol), Cpl. (later civilian) Connie Rodd? Lots of times they had pretty good tips, especially ones that were out but hadn't made the latest TM change yet. Well a friend of mine just informed me that Army LOGSA has an app now for them. Free to download, no need to be .mil to get it. It's pretty fun checking them out. I have it on my iPhone, just look up "P.S. Magazine" in the app store.

Screen shot when the app opens.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember when they were cartoons, in the mid-70's. They got re-designed for sexism in the mid-80's.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
These are closer to the ones I remember.

http://www.almc.army.mil/alog/...agazine_60Years.html

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Yup they are the same old cartoon format, although Connie Rodd is dressed more conservativly than you may remember Wink

posted Hide Post
I probably have two or three dozen of them because I collect military items. I was in the Army from 76-79 and remember them. If I'm not mistaken we were required to keep them along with the TM's and FM's.

From 1970

Posts: 2127 | Location: Tacoma, Wa. | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Wow Cpl. Rodd has definently had a makeover lol. We were required to keep the previous 12 months on hand in the pubs room but after the ETM's (electronic techinical manuals) came online I really don't ever remember seeing a paper copy of the PS Monthly laying around.

I have heard you can still get hard copies at the unit but no one ever does. Hell half the guys have no idea what they are.

posted Hide Post
Dad would bring them home. Idle up at startup, idle down at shutdown is burned into my brain because of it.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post