SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Living amongst hillbillies
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Living amongst hillbillies Login/Join 
Non-Miscreant
posted
OK, I choose to live here. But sometimes their antics and whatnot get a bit much. So today we decided to go to the KFC for lunch. Leaves are off the trees and looking to my right I see where someone decided to dispose of some box springs and I guess the matress. So they tossed them in the woods along the interstate. Along a bit I saw the alley where another of our fine residents dumped his living room chair a couch. He didn't even bother taking them to the woods like the first hillbilly.

So we get to the place (not kind enough to call it a restaurant). Someone did some landscaping out front. Little bushes and mulch. The smokers in the place just tossed the butts in the mulch. I counted 7 butts with very long filters. Then their smoking buddies disposed of another half dozen or so on the sidewalk. Different brand, shorter filters.

So I mentioned it to the manager type inside at the cash register. She was defensive, asking if I saw them or just assumed it was employees. I asked her if she knew how long it would take to smoke that many cigarettes. Yeah, maybe it was a customer waiting that long to get served... They've been there a long time, but I don't expect them to last much longer.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
Every wonder what they say about you? Wink

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2270 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty tame issues. On the coasts they’re shitting in the streets. Count your blessings.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
It's everywhere. When I lived in the Southwest in the 79-88 era I said we did not need fog lines on Highway 60 or Interstate 25, just watch for rolled up Pampers........

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Some people think the world is their trash can. They live everywhere.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Damn. When I was on the job in DC before retirement, the shit I would see at the Mcdonalds on 14th st NW at 2AM on any given night,would make me just shake my head.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:So today we decided to go to the KFC for lunch.

That was the first mistake.

In all seriousness, pretty much any area where there's a fast-food location, there's a high likelihood of mouth-breathers, who's entire existence is about repeated bad decision making, and it all starts with trashing their surroundings.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
On several occasions, I have had the neighbors workers take a dump in my field.

One time the electric power people were putting in new transformers and one of the workers stole my 5 gallon bucket and took a dump in the creek.

I contacted the electric power people and they got me two new buckets. That is the only time I have had things go my way. They were more then sorry that it happened.

Another time I caught Verizon's contractors taking a break and hiding on our private road. They must have been there a long time because there were many cigarette butts on the ground. I made them pick up every one.

Another thing that burns me up are the helium balloons that people buy and then release them with most of them ending up in the trees on my property.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FBHO
posted Hide Post
Rather than box springs and cigarette butts it could be broken glass, needles and shell casings.

Count your blessings.

Posts: 1046 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: September 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:
Damn. When I was on the job in DC before retirement, the shit I would see at the Mcdonalds on 14th st NW at 2AM on any given night,would make me just shake my head.

Before retirement, that wasn't shit, 14th Street 20-25 years ago, that was interesting. Pre-revitalization there were hookers and drug dealers everywhere.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ll take hillbillies over uppity snow flakes any day. And I grew up around the uppity assholes. Now I live among the hillbillies and I love it. People are laid back and they mind their own business and watch out for each other. So what if I see shirtless fat dudes cruising the neighborhood in a golf cart, they’d probably toss me a beer if I asked.

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Hillbillies? I thought you were describing Oakland, CA.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
unfortunately, they are everywhere. no escaping slobs these days

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
It boils down to lack of respect.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
Hillbillies? I thought you were describing Oakland, CA.

Come to the expensive area of San Francisco Bay Area. It is a lot worse all over here.

The town I live in allows you to have two large items a year picked up at curb side on your regular weekly trash pick up day for no additional cost. Just call ahead and let them know. We have gotten rid of a side by side fridge, a couch, recliner, queen box and mattress over the years.

I believe most of the items that are all over our town are dumped by people you advertise and do yard and vacant house items haul off for a fee. There has been many video camera the have photographed nice looking pick ups and trailers dumping large items with no license plates very early in the morning or at night. Can't do anything unless caught.

Now throw in all the homeless that are living in a tent or a RV in cities that have expensive housing. There trash pile is huge and filled with hypodermic needles. Police can't cite them for they have no money.

I would much rather live with hillbillies then in many towns in the CA. Bay Area where the standard house starts at over 1 million and populated with many homeless people.

Most country folk will burn items then haul the metal away as scrap or make a lawn art piece with a few springs and such.

At least hillbillies know how to shit in the woods where the city folk just shit on the sidewalk in broad daylight.

Welcome to America.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ontmark,

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
I think everywhere has it’s “hillbillies”. We sure do.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Yea it’s pretty interesting Bob, it’s a VERRY colorful world out there. Are you enjoying the new git-fiddle?

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Bob, GFY.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass

Posts: 2180 | Location: East Virginia | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
This isn't just a middle of nowhere thing. Try visiting most big cities. There is a certain percentage of people out there that think they are special and rules don't apply to them.

I've seen people throw their fast food out the window of a car more than once.

quote:
So I mentioned it to the manager type inside at the cash register. She was defensive, asking if I saw them or just assumed it was employees. I asked her if she knew how long it would take to smoke that many cigarettes. Yeah, maybe it was a customer waiting that long to get served... They've been there a long time, but I don't expect them to last much longer.

Don't really matter who is leaving them, the manager should make sure it stops and gets cleaned up. Sucks but some employee should be cleaning that up daily.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
May I respectfully suggest that "hillbillies" is perhaps too broad of a generalization to use to describe the (insert adj.)-trash, meth heads, and scum bags that are dumping garbage in your AO?

Perhaps you are unintentionally using this term derogatorily due to ignorance. When I was in grade school, Webster's defined a hillbilly as a Michigan dirt farmer. My position is much like that of Limblessbiff, and I find my 2A supporting, MAGA voting, hillbilly neighbors and friends to be some of the finest souls on this green earth.

Out here in the sticks it's usually enlightened urban dwelling liberal twits that visit to drop off unwanted furniture, pets, and yard debris that they can't be bothered to recycle, rehome, compost, or dispose of properly.

Posts: 278 | Registered: October 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post