SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gun Safe Question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun Safe Question Login/Join 
Picture of Cobra21
posted
What do you guys use, if anything, to secure (loosely or otherwise) your long guns?

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Inside?

You have extra space? Then you need more guns.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
quote:
What do you guys use, if anything, to secure (loosely or otherwise) your long guns?

For what reason-earthquake?

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
My safe dividers have barrel cut outs. I angle the long guns slightly. They stay just fine. Safe is bolted to the concrete floor. I don't see much happening to knock them over. I am guessing if that happens I have much more serious issues on my hands.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Long guns in a safe. I have foam with cutouts where the barrels touch the back of the safe. The foam with cutouts came with the safe.

Guns have never moved on their own. I guess they are loosely stored inside but really are not moving on their own. If they do I guessing I have bigger issues then my long guns shifting in my safe.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been very happy with my results using this:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/pr...09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Posts: 764 | Location: Middle GA | Registered: May 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Yep. Rifle rods; not terribly secure, but do the job, can stack more long guns without having them bang together. Doesn't depend on slots in safe interior.

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of }BuLL
posted Hide Post
I use, and have been happy with the rifle rods.

Posts: 131 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 11, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post