SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Eagles Adopt Red Tailed Hawk Chick
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Eagles Adopt Red Tailed Hawk Chick Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted
I guess when an Eagle is broody, any mouth to feed will do.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVTH0pWl_GI

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34107 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thats pretty cool. Definitely gives a new meaning to "red headed step child" doesn't it.

Ken

Posts: 1049 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: December 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
That is just way too cool. Nature! A little surprised since they are both predatory birds and probably compete for the same food source.

Posts: 1769 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cruiser68:
That is just way too cool. Nature! A little surprised since they are both predatory birds and probably compete for the same food source.

My understanding is that the red tail IS the food source...

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it was taken to feed their chicks, but ended up feeding the begging baby.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34107 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Some things are very cool. Maybe the hawk will teach them how to catch rodents or the hawk will catch them and feed his family Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Hawk Chick: nomnomnom nomnom nom nomnom...
Eagle: Uh, kid, you know this is your mom we're eating, right?

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Very nice. Some things are very cool. Maybe the hawk will teach them how to catch rodents or the hawk will catch them and feed his family Wink

A second video said they may eat him, if not he may think he's an eagle and try to hang with other eagles resulting in a bad outcome.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post