SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    LTC Allen West hospitalized after motorcycle accident
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LTC Allen West hospitalized after motorcycle accident Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
https://www.foxnews.com/us/all...rcycle-crash-reports

Early reports were serious but stable. Haven’t seen an update.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Gosh. That's in my AO. I hope he'll be OK. He's a great man.

I also hope the other motorcyclist is OK.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
That sucks. I follow him on Instagram and I worked a photo shoot with him for one of his book covers. Very nice and humble man.

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I've admired Lieutenant Colonel West for some time. Prayers and best wishes for a quick and full recovery for all involved.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I heard his talk, met bim and shook his hand at a rally, years ago.
Admirable man.

Will send get well wishes.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Prayers for his recovery. A great American.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...eased-from-hospital/

Lt. Col. Allen West (Ret.) is to be released from hospital on Monday after a motorcycle accident over the weekend.

In a press release, Allen’s campaign for the chairmanship of the Texas Republican Party stated:

Lt. Col. Allen West is set to be released from the hospital, Baylor Scott & White, today. He is in good spirits and is looking forward to returning home for his recovery.

The West family is filled with such joy and thankfulness that Allen will be released on this Memorial day. All of the prayers and well wishes have been received and greatly appreciated. However, Allen and his family want the public to focus on remembering and honoring America’s fallen warriors on this day.

After his recovery, Allen plans to continue to serve America’s founding principles and to advocate for conservative ideals.

Colonel West’s full statement and other releases can be found here: https://west4texas.com/news/?m...st_type=nooz_release

Learn more about Allen West, his campaign, and how to keep Texas Red by visiting www.west4texas.com.

West had been injured in an accident on the way back from a “Free Texas Rally” in Austin on Saturday.

He suffered a concussion, broken bones, an other injuries, but declared “that I am alive by the grace of God.”

West served a term in Congress as a Tea Party-backed Republican who ousted an incumbent Democrat in a Florida district that was later redrawn. He found it more difficult to defend the seat in the new district.

He later moved to Texas and is once again involved in conservative politics.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
A good report.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Very pleased to hear he is OK and on the road to recovery. And I'm pleased he is a fellow Texan.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Very pleased to hear he is OK and on the road to recovery. And I'm pleased he is a fellow Texan.
Me, too (although I'm a transplant).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
He spoke at the TSRA Annual Meeting this year and gave a really excellent and convicting speech for us gun owners.

His voice needs to be amplified by all of us.

Glad he is recovering, we need him in the fight.

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
West's comments as he is released from the hospital. Apparently he was cut off by a driver causing him to collide with another motorcyclist.

Still has a sense of humor quipping that he'll be starring in a new Scarface movie.

Start at 3:00

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/Z6Xx1XSFoqk

Article here: https://www.wnd.com/2020/05/al...ycle-crash-shouldnt/

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Based on the road rash, he wasn't ATGATT.

FF helmet would have helped too.

Let this be a lesson, don't dress for the ride, dress for the accident. Hope to never have one, ready if you do.

I pray for a full recovery for him.

I'd also like to see the BG that cut him off prosecuted.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Gosh. That's in my AO. I hope he'll be OK. He's a great man.

I also hope the other motorcyclist is OK.

flashguy

I heard he was taken by a Care-Flight.
Hillcrest in Waco or Scott & White in Temple?
(My former AO)

Good man....prayers up.

Posts: 42 | Location: Southeast Texas | Registered: July 31, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snapping Twig:
Based on the road rash, he wasn't ATGATT.

FF helmet would have helped too.

Let this be a lesson, don't dress for the ride, dress for the accident. Hope to never have one, ready if you do.

I pray for a full recovery for him.

I'd also like to see the BG that cut him off prosecuted.

Same thing I said when I saw the video on the news. That’s why some of us are in the armored power ranger suits. FF would have definitely kept him from Scarface. Armor is more important than image.

Glad he’s ok. We need him.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12621 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post