SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Yet ANOTHER reason not to do Craigslist/Facebook transactions at your own home....<sad story alert>

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Yet ANOTHER reason not to do Craigslist/Facebook transactions at your own home....<sad story alert> Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
Not that I would be one to use purchase anything from an unknown person via one of these sites anyway, but deal is over before it began right here:

Speaking to Action News Jax, the woman says they told the stranger they would pick up the dog, but he allegedly insisted on coming to their house to drop off the pooch himself.

Father is beaten and shot dead in front of his children after answering a Facebook ad offering a free puppy

A Florida father-of-two has been beaten and shot to death in front of his fiancée and their two young children after responding to a Facebook ad about a free dog.

Christopher 'Scott' Bowman, 39, was killed on Wednesday night inside his Jacksonville home during a physical altercation with a man who claimed to be giving away a puppy.

Bowman's fiancee, Chelsea Bowman, says their family wanted to get a dog, so they responded to a Facebook post from a man offering one free of charge.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I saw that earlier today on Facebook. It made me sick.

People suck.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16510 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Report This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
EPIC FAIL-
So many things wrong here.
You invited a stranger to your home.
You let them in.
You served the stranger alcohol?

Nothing to die over.

I don't facebook or what not, but do and have done several transactions through Craigslist.

Common sense is your friend, but of course it's not taught in school.

Posts: 905 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Report This Post