SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    For those who have never seen one- an Oakland, CA "Sideshow" last Sunday
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For those who have never seen one- an Oakland, CA "Sideshow" last Sunday Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted
...during the state imposed lockdown, taking advantage of empty streets and slow LE response. Wrong on so many levels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...1NM&feature=emb_logo
https://www.ktvu.com/news/crow...coronavirus-pandemic

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16688 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
There’s probably a stupider way to waste a set of tires, but it isn’t coming to mind immediately.

Posts: 6916 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Dozens of youtube vids of these idiots crashing, overheated turbos catching on fire, etc.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, that's the East Oakland that I know.... Roll Eyes

Such a cosmopolitan and inclusive community.

Posts: 14649 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We can only hope.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Some of you are such nerds sometimes it hurts.

I'm so pleased you're not in charge of anything.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oakland being Oakland.

The city should create a space for sideshows to take place. Maybe the parking lot at the Coliseum. Let the knuckleheads have their fun in a more controlled environment than random intersections. They'll never stop all of it though.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
Oakland being Oakland.

The city should create a space for sideshows to take place. Maybe the parking lot at the Coliseum. Let the knuckleheads have their fun in a more controlled environment than random intersections. They'll never stop all of it though.

Considering Deep East is where all this shit happens and the Raiders are moving, you'd have thought one of the 'progressive' council members hadn't thought of such an idea.

Meanwhile, every suburb town now has a skateboard park built as apart of its parks and rec areas.

Posts: 14649 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The "Fast and Furious" formula (dudes + cars + babes = $) gets recycled in Tokyo, where the cars are smaller, the clothes are kookier, but the boys are still boys.
Tokyo Drift. So bad it is comical.

Posts: 17228 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
I dunno. I get the concern about the stupidity. Isn't this a modern day rite of passage in some way? Guilty of similar behavior in small rural towns near where I grew up. Maybe I'm talking too much but I had a lot of "fun" growing up.

Posts: 3240 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there a part of this footage that is supposed to be impressive?

I was doing rookie level stuff like that on my YZ80 when I was 13.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
There’s probably a stupider way to waste a set of tires, but it isn’t coming to mind immediately.

Cough, cough.... stolen wheels.... cough, cough

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by berto:
Oakland being Oakland.

Considering Deep East is where all this shit happens and the Raiders are moving, you'd have thought one of the 'progressive' council members hadn't thought of such an idea.

Meanwhile, every suburb town now has a skateboard park built as apart of its parks and rec areas.

I think the city won't sanction any sideshow event because of liability concerns and no private enterprise will do it because of insurance costs. Nobody will pay to enter an event when taking over an intersection is free and carries a very limited chance of any consequences. Even when LE steps to the plate and launches a multi agency response and reportedly tickets or impounds cars I'm pretty sure it all goes away when the DA waves her fairy wand in the interest of justice and lets everybody get their whip back.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
Isn't that called doing donuts? And it's impressive? I'm with Graniteguy. I was doing that in a 77 Chevy pickup in my teens. We just did in parking lots for fun. It wasn't generally a crowd sport.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Is there a part of this footage that is supposed to be impressive?

I was doing rookie level stuff like that on my YZ80 when I was 13.

There is nothing "impressive" about this kind of shit.

It is Grade A Ghetto idiocy. These gatherings have people hit by cars, gang fights, shootings, etc. Again, just ghetto shit. All of this during the shelter in protocols set by the state.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16688 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I see a waste of rubber, many younger folks may not think that way.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
And Detroit steps up to the plate too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTjMgn969eQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lEIncsax98
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG5kFWf6cBM
Plus many other places in the city also.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Just think, some of those cars will wind up on a used car lot.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:

More likely repo'ed........

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:

More likely repo'ed........

Repo'd and sold off at auction to used car lots.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post