SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Your screen name, how/why did you choose it?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your screen name, how/why did you choose it? Login/Join 
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
First name and first SIG.
Not a drop of creative juice flows through me.
Smile

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
My friends have called me Jimbo for decades and I shot my first firearm in 1954 hence, Jimbo54.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
First name initial and first half of last name.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Novice Elk Harvester
Picture of ronnied316
posted Hide Post
Named after my Grandfather, people call him Ron, so I'm Ronnie. Last name starts with D. Fan of both John 3:16 and Austin 3:16. Wink

"SUCCESS only comes before WORK in the dictionary"

Posts: 412 | Location: Kitsap Peninsula, WA | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I spend most of my time at either of two dwellings. One in Ohio. The other in the UP.

Posts: 691 | Location: Ohio & UP of Michigan | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Back when the internet was younger, my first venture online was with Yahoo! Pager and eBay. I wanted an address/username that was easy to remember and didn't have underscores, numbers, etc.

This one just popped in there.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17277 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No place to go and
all day to get there
Picture of JWF
posted Hide Post
It was late and I was tired.

Just another day in paradise.

NRA
Georgia Carry

Posts: 1324 | Location: NW GA | Registered: September 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Mine goes back to college in the early 80s. I lived in a house with a bunch of guys and for laughs we would refer to each other as "Cool" - "Cool Dave", "Cool Chuck", "Cool Rich", etc.

Years later, the first time I had to choose a username for a login, I couldn't think of anything else so I plugged in "CoolRich". That username was taken, so I appended '59' and 'CoolRich59' became the username I used going forward.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6403 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
It’s a Japanese animé mini-series from the mid ‘80s that some consider to run prior to or parallel to the Robotech series. Similar features such as transforming aircraft but a lot more violent.

As an aside, I named my file host URL “SuperDimension” in honor of both.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
Back in the early 1990's, Microsoft had an online WW2 flight simulator.
When I first went on there, I got killed with such regularity that I chose the name "Target".
After I started flying Micoroft's Combat Flight Simulator... and I got better, I was asked to join a squadron called XL. I've used the name online ever since.
I suppose it can also stand for Extra Large Target, which I feel like when I try online gaming now.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
FlyingScot - after Sir Jackie Stewart. I'm a big F1 fan, but even bigger fan of what he did not just as a driver but to make the sport safer.

His personality is direct, honest and frankly pisses people off - something I can relate to. I'm 1/2 Scotch and 1/2 French and my grandfather and uncles reminded me of him.

I also used to do some light HPDE and autocross and fancied myself a driver. Sir Jackie Stewart - the Flying Scot.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
From Seinfeld, an episode (rerun) I was watching shortly before I registered. George Costanza, desiring to pretend to be someone other than his lame self says to Jerry: "Now about if I'm an architect? You know how I've always wanted to pretend to be an architect!" Obviously, because becoming an architect would require way too much effort, it isn't remotely possible to even want to be one. Limiting one's objectives can be a useful strategy. It struck me as funny and I went with it.

Posts: 6469 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Quit boring story actually... "cparktd" was the first work e-mail I had.

The "cpark" was the site location designation. In my case an abbreviation for "Commerce Park". That was followed by your initials.

So it went for example...
cparkrj@xxxxxxx
or
cparkjp@xxxxxxx
or
in my case... cparktd@xxxxxxx

When signing up at places years ago it was the first thing I thought of that I could remember... should have thought on it a bit more.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
It's my name.

Posts: 11321 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
P250: Joined to research a bit on the P250, which I ended up not buying.
UA5: Chassis code for the 2nd generation Acura TL that I was driving at the time.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15314 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
The place I spend as much time as possible and my favorite gun brand...

Smith Mt. Lake, VA (SML).

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
I've never felt like the master of anything, but I like to learn.
There is also a Star Wars angle to it.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
from a time I was just learning about Sig as I began introducing my tiny reptilian tail-brain to a larger notion of Rational Thought...

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hauled heavy road construction machinery for years. Now I drive an offroad mining truck that weighs over a million pounds loaded, a Komatsu 930e. If anyone is interested. I am in one as I type... I started using this name years ago, before here, wanted to use hvyhauler, but it was taken.

Posts: 1913 | Location: U.P. of michigan | Registered: March 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post