SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Your screen name, how/why did you choose it?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Your screen name, how/why did you choose it? Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted
I thought it would be fun to find out where everyone’s screen name came from.
I was reading another thread about cameras/film and see where bronicabill's name came about. Makes me wonder how why others have chosen then screen name they chose?

I was registering for a car forum back in 2005. The registration screen had been up for most of the morning at work. I had finally decided on a screen name, “haon” (my name backward, really unique Roll Eyes )

When I was typing all the info into that page, one of the guys I worked with said something about “where is that damn Beancooker”. He was referring to me as I was the head coffee roaster.
Before I clicked submit, I changed haon to Beancooker, and have used that on every forum since then.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
It is my name.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Have and ride Tennessee WalkingHorse.

Jim

Posts: 1344 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Don't recall exactly how mine originated. It doesn't have any sort of deep meaning, or funny personal story behind it. I've been using it, or a variation of it, as my screen name since online multiplayer games in the mid/late 1990s.

It probably had something to do with the Rogue Squadron series of Star Wars books, which I was reading around that same time.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I first signed up I tried to just use my name but, for some reason, it didnt take, so, second try was my ebay screen name that I had used for years.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Well... at the time I had a rottie named Tyson. Miss that dang dog! Used it for online games as well after.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
I'm not very smart and my own name was all I could think of. Smile

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2073 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
My initials and my "significant" (not necessarily lucky) number. I am the 13th child in my family, and the number 13 has had recurring significance in my life.

Posts: 1645 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I was born and raised in North Idaho, prime elk hunting country. I shot my first elk at age 14. And have killed a few since then. (nothing quite like a nice elk steak).

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
My favorite 7.62 x 51 mm battle rife.

Mike

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2078 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Hopefully mine is pretty obvious, but it's what I flew at my first airline for almost 14 years. Great airplane, that ERJ, from a mechanical and flying perspective. For the passengers over about a 2-hour flight or longer? Not so much.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I've been using this handle ever since Descent 1 days.

No idea why I chose it. Frown

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lived in Houston then, born in 1944.

Posts: 798 | Location: Katy, TX | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I take pictures using a 4x5 view camera

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine’s not very complicated. I had a Dachshund named Max. So I shortened “Max the Dog” to “Maxdog”.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
It wasn't all that difficult :-)

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When trying to find a unique name for online gaming many years ago (mostly the game Warbirds online and WWII online), I did not want a "handle" with numbers in it. So, I started trying different made-up names and "Boznicky" was available for just about any gaming site, forum, etc.

Later it morphed into "bozman" because that is what my online friends started calling me in the heat of battle. Further shortened to "boz" most of the time.

I still use "Boznicky" when "bozman" is not available.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1528 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1st five of the VIN of a truck I owned. The window sticker was sitting on the desk beside me as I tried to come up with a new non-personal username.

Posts: 828 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Alumnus of Georgia Tech (also known as "The North Avenue Trade School Big Grin )

The team mascot is the yellow jacket, ergo my screen name.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I own a SIG...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post