SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is Rockauto good to go?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is Rockauto good to go? Login/Join 
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted
My trusty Tundra appears to need a new oxygen sensor, and rockauto lists them for fully half of Napa or O'Reily. Did I hit gold or is it too good to be true?

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I've bought from Rock Auto before... no issues at all. I'd do it again.

God bless America.

Posts: 13494 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought struts for my sons F150 almost half the price of Pep Boys, and they were brand name. What I like about them is they offer different price ranges/ quality levels for your price range. So I had no problem with them.

Posts: 1249 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Yep. It's a go to for parts.

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I've bought from Rockauto multiple time without issue. The last few years though it seems their shipping has gone up, especially when items are coming from different warehouses.

Lately I have found myself ordering the part from Amazon. The prices are very close to Rockauto but usually with Prime shipping.

I do love the selection of different brands though. I'm a stickler for good quality parts and are willing to pay for them (vice some cheap no-name part from Autozone). I don't care if the local joint has a cheap lifetime warranty part, is the counter guy going to come replace it when it fails in six months?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Haven't ever had any problems with them. They have a large inventory and generally good prices.

Another one is partsgeek.com. They often have really low prices and ship from all around the country. Up until a few years ago their communication was poor although they always can up with the goods. They seem better now and shipping speed is much better.

Posts: 9501 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
The ONLY issue I have ever had is the lack of good pics of the parts. If you know EXACTLY what you are looking for, you’re golden. But some of the mid year or special model stuff can get sketchy sometimes.
That said, I’ve had excellent results with them.

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
They are good to go.

Google their discount codes. They offer 5% off quite frequently. Not much but every little bit helps.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2tonicP220
posted Hide Post
I like Amazon real well as an alternative, especially for NGK/NTK or Denso sensors... Won't use anything else in Japanese vehicles, period. They are OEM down to perfect fit and appearance, QC, proper looking and functioning connectors, long life, etc.

Posts: 2049 | Location: NW PA | Registered: March 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. They ship your order with a magnet show a rebuilt car that used Rock Auto Parts. I have 36 magnets.

If you look online you can find 5% off coupons.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ordered lots from Rock Auto for various vehicles (Subies, Toyotas and parts for relatives). Like dedguy said, they have multiple manufacturers for the same part AND sales on overstocked or old inventory. Great prices. Never had a mistake on an order, either. Just watch the shipping prices on line items. They ship from many warehouses.

Their newsletter is entertaining and informative, also.

drendean

Posts: 48 | Location: Bagdad, KY | Registered: January 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hudr:
The ONLY issue I have ever had is the lack of good pics of the parts. If you know EXACTLY what you are looking for, you’re golden.

You can also get overwhelmed with options. In your local auto parts store you may get two or three choices. On Rock Auto you can get ten, twenty, thirty choice. It pays to do some research on brands and learn who to avoid.

I've used Rock Auto countless times. I've only had one issue with a wrong part, more the makers issue than the sellers. Dead of winter the job was put on hold and didn't learn it was the wrong part till well after the 30 return window. (like 3 months). They were still willing to work with me, took them back for "store" credit.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
Good for me so far. Had to order a wheel bearing hub assembly for my Tacoma. Rock auto was more than half the price compared to say Advanced or Auto Zone. Same exact part and part number.But you had better know what you are ordering b/c they have no customer assistance to call and ask about the part.

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 14009 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Adding to it, yes. Best proces along with Amazon.

Posts: 907 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
I’ve used them for lots of various parts and one complete long block for my 2002 f150. The only downside is the shipping from multiple locations as they’ll charge multiple shipping fees which can eliminate the savings. If you’re only getting a few items it’s easy enough to maximize the shipping the efficiency but I about went mad when I was ordering the long block and all the other parts needed.

Posts: 6363 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2tonicP220:
I like Amazon real well as an alternative, especially for NGK/NTK or Denso sensors... Won't use anything else in Japanese vehicles, period. They are OEM down to perfect fit and appearance, QC, proper looking and functioning connectors, long life, etc.

They have What the Denso site lists for $49. Now, should I just change the one throwing a code, or change more at the same time?

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is Rockauto good to go?

Yes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"And it's time that particularly, some of our corporations learned, that when you get in bed with government, you're going to get more than a good night's sleep."
- Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5785 | Location: Pegram, TN | Registered: March 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now, should I just change the one throwing a code, or change more at the same time?

What code? A heater element code, a cat efficiently code, or a rich or lean code?

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2tonicP220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
quote:
Originally posted by 2tonicP220:

They have What the Denso site lists for $49. Now, should I just change the one throwing a code, or change more at the same time?

I change the offender only, and it's always nice if it's the easiest one/s to access. In my experience, it seems upstream ones fail more often/before than downstream, YMMV.

I'm sure you know this, but hitting the old one with some PB Blaster/Kroil is a smart move, as is having the correct socket... can really make the job a lot easier. Good too to clean/chase the threads, and a dab of the proper anti-seize applied for future ease of removal.

Posts: 2049 | Location: NW PA | Registered: March 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
P0138
02 Circuit High Voltage (Bank 1, Sensor 2)