SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    CoreSync on my MAC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CoreSync on my MAC Login/Join 
posted
I somehow got this program on my Mac Computer. The more I read about it the more it looks like a huge problem. To all you computer savvy folks, how do I get rid of this program???

He Is No Fool Who Gives What He Cannot Keep,
To Gain That Which He Cannot Lose!

Posts: 593 | Location: central nebraska | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
You should be able to disable this from the Extensions preferences pane (grey puzzle piece icon) – just untick Finder under the app name in question.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Italia - thanks - just did that. My concern is that the program is still in my registry an capable of mischief...

He Is No Fool Who Gives What He Cannot Keep,
To Gain That Which He Cannot Lose!

Posts: 593 | Location: central nebraska | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prairiefire:
Italia - thanks - just did that. My concern is that the program is still in my registry an capable of mischief...
Nah, registry is a Windows thing, not Mac.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
You ought to be able to get rid of it by dragging it out of the System folder to the trash. Might have to supply admin name & password.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8935 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
You ought to be able to get rid of it by dragging it out of the System folder to the trash. Might have to supply admin name & password.

I could be wrong but I thought CoreSync was an extension that got installed when you installed Adobe Creative Cloud, and thus CoreSync is not an app itself. As such, I'm not sure you can drag it to the trash bin. You might be able to uninstall Creative Cloud, and then when you reinstall it, see if there is an option to install it without adding CoreSync. Otherwise there is some third party software like CleanMyMac3 that can uninstall extensions.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post