SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chicago passes 1000 gunshot victim mark
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago passes 1000 gunshot victim mark Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
I figured it would be higher with the Blackhawks exiting the playoffs on a 1st round sweep !

Wrong demographic.

Posts: 237 | Registered: January 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blackhawk fans do not riot or shoot people when the Hawks win.We just celebrate and go to work the next day.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Try and convince Mayor Nine-Fingers of this, will you? Last year he thanked the Cubs fans for "not rioting after the World Series."
Roll Eyes

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Psst. It's 9.5. He only lost part of a finger. Or, Tiny Dancer as he used to study ballet. Or you could call him what we call him. Asshole.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have followed heyjackass.com for several years. I think it is the most reliable measure of killings, not only for Chicago, but as an urban metric.

I donate annually to their cause; I suggest you consider the same.

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
...Or you could call him what we call him. Asshole.

Hey, it's Chicago. "Asshole" isn't specific enough to identify him. I'll go with 9.5... Razz

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post