SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chicago passes 1000 gunshot victim mark
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago passes 1000 gunshot victim mark Login/Join 
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted
https://www.google.com/amp/www...70424-story,amp.html

Oddly, it seems to be on pace with last year.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

[steps on soap box]I know some people stayed up many late nights helping Chicago to make this achievement. Others sacrificed by foregoing holding a job so they had more time to commit to the cause. I'd like to offer a hearty congratulations to the people who made this milestone possible![steps off soap box]

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Tatertodd, that was brilliant! Love it! No one can say the people of Shytown aren't driven to excel!

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Someone should conduct a study.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
Yes We Can!

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
The Woundy City

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4786 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The city should just build a high fence/wall around that area, and just let them kill each other, but not allow any of them to get out. Sooner or later, there will only be a few left, and then go in and arrest them for murder!!!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
But it took four days longer this year to hit 1000 than it did last year. Chicago is improving. At this rate, they will have the shooting problem solved in about 1250 years. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OneWheelDrive:
The Woundy City

I laughed & laughed. Thank you for that.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Can we send the mayor a congratulations cake?

"Mr Mayor - Congratulations on Reaching 1,000 Before Any Other City. Well Done Sir!"

I figure a local bakery wouldn't have a clue as to its meaning. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
He shoots...and he scores!

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:

"Mr Mayor - Congratulations on Reaching 1,000 Before Any Other City. Well Done Sir!"

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Home of Obama!!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More importantly are the facts! What's the mortality rate? How many shots found their mark? Number of GSW per victim? How many left paralyzed? How many ended up with a colostomy bag!!! People want to know!!!

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Please excuse the name, but this is a site I follow often.

it is truly amazing.
http://heyjackass.com/

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
More importantly are the facts! What's the mortality rate? How many shots found their mark? Number of GSW per victim? How many left paralyzed? How many ended up with a colostomy bag!!! People want to know!!!

The definitive source Wink
http://heyjackass.com/

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:

It could be a new category in the Olympics. Participants would include Oakland, Chicago, New York, etc. The category would be called, "Most successful gun free zones in America."

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10703 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:

And if the mayor's office received 20 cakes like this from all the nation, would it be in the news?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I figured it would be higher with the Blackhawks exiting the playoffs on a 1st round sweep !

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post