SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Color Printers Suggestions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Color Printers Suggestions Login/Join 
posted
My HP died. It was ok. What do you all like? Want photo color, but ink or laser? Dont print a lot of photos, when i do, just 8x10's at the biggest. Print lots of .pdf and color stuff for kid's school.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I like my Epson 810.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently picked up an Canon MX490 and so far have been pretty impressed

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Don't buy the Brother. I've been very unhappy with their Scanner capabilities, and they don't seems to have a long life on their ink cartridges.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
I have a Dell color laser printer that I would give you, but you have never done anything or said anything to make me despise you or seek revenge.

The refills would put you closer to the poor house, assuming you could get the printer to print enough to run them out. I’d never gotten it to print envelopes. It has to be reset for each different weight of paper, and size.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
I have a Dell color laser printer that I would give you, but you have never done anything or said anything to make me despise you or seek revenge.

The refills would put you closer to the poor house, assuming you could get the printer to print enough to run them out. I’d never gotten it to print envelopes. It has to be reset for each different weight of paper, and size.

You probably despise me enough, but I don't need your dell printer!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

I have been very happy with my HP LaserJet pro 200 MFP printer. It's an all in one and the laser toner lasts a long time, I've had it at least 3 years and no issues with it and it does a nice job. I've heard the inkjets have gotten a lot better on ink usage, but it's been 4 years since I've had an inkjet and am very happy with the HP laser.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
I've been pretty happy with the HP OfficeJet 3830 that I got about 3 months ago. Scans and Copies nicely, but prints a bit slow.

Enrolled in HP Connected program where they supply the ink and bill you by the page...I have the package for 100 pages/month for $4.99/month

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14179 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Forget inkjets, especially if you don't print much. I was tired of the damn things having to run head cleaning every time I wanted to use it, then not having enough ink, or it had dried up.

Color lasers have gotten pretty cheap. I found an HP (252 I think) that was around 200 bucks, and the cost of replacement toner isn't bad, not that I've had to replace it yet. Does a nice job, even on photos.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Color laser for home, school, and office documents.

Costco for regular photo prints. Adorama for high quality projects

No reason to live with all the shortcomings of inkjet for a few photos you might print yourself a year. The per print cost is almost negligible at Costco.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
I recently bought the Epson ET3700. It has the tank instead of cartridges. I like it but it is very slow while using it wireless. It can be wireless or USB not both.

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
Go to Brothers website and pick one you like. I've had so many brands of printers, both inkjet and laser, color and B&W and had problems with all of them except the Brother products. They just keep working. Currently I have an older Brother MFC-9970CDW laser printer and a small MFC-J875DW inkjet for printing from my phone. I'm sure these days most printers are AirPrint capable. These things don't die. My prior Bother printer? Sitting in the garage, it didn't break I just needed something bigger but no reason to throw it out.

As for printing photo's, I've never found a home printer that did as good a job as many of the commercial services, even your local Walgreens. So for Photos these days I just take a memory stick there and it costs pennies a print.

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I have an HP8720 all in one that I am pretty happy with. I have learned to not expect more than 3 years from a printer

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
Forget inkjets, especially if you don't print much. I was tired of the damn things having to run head cleaning every time I wanted to use it, then not having enough ink, or it had dried up.
<snip>

I’ve come to the same conclusion – sick and tired of inkjets. I’m a one-page-a-month guy. And I don’t even need color printing, so the Brother HL-L2395DW looks like the laser printer for me. Monochrome print and copy, color scanning, one sheet at a time.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8919 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a Brother color laser printer and it’s been great. Highly recommend their stuff, when it comes to laser, at least (haven’t used their ink jet).

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I have a Xerox Color Cube solid color (toner) printer that is AWESOME but it is not a cheapo desktop printer.

Posts: 22888 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
The majority of printers we buy at work are Brother, mostly B&W, and a few full color.

No complaints from our users, except for when used improperly (printing label paper).

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15246 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone!

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post