SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    People in California are calling for a 'Calexit' from the US in the wake of Trump's win
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People in California are calling for a 'Calexit' from the US in the wake of Trump's win Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
I dig Kern County, but wouldn't that be kind of a cruel thing to do to the people in Napa and Sonoma Counties who are actually working, producing something of value, and paying their bills without public assistance?
Maybe we could compromise and let both of those guys immigrate into our new Non-California nation.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Pelosi has a winery in Napa, just sayin....

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
Pelosi has a winery in Napa, just sayin....

Nasty. What is it, so that I may avoid it?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Would California keep the military bases? I am sure war would start quickly over water.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
apparently she owns two...

Zinfandel Lane Vineyards and Skellenger Lane Vineyards

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I'm only entertaining this for fun. There is no way California will secede. But, were they to do so, how long do you think it would be before Ca. was invaded? Think about it. Without the federation Ca. is alone to defend itself......with what? It would need a navy, an air force, an army etc. From what brave body of non patriots would it draw the men and women? Those who actually would secede are likely pajama boys. Pacifists. Idealists. They are not fighters. The few who are would be wiped out on the first day of an invasion. And where will they get the equipment?

This is not to mention the other services Ca. receives from being a State. Cut off the water. Cut off the power. Cut off the subsidies. How much income would the dotcoms get from those they divorced once bad will has been created? Cut off the money.

This talk from the secessionists is nothing more than a temper tantrum. Like moving to Canada, they will never get beyond pouting and holding their breath. Let them cry themselves to sleep. They'll feel better after a nap.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
^^^Plus the people with guns may be secretly supporting the Feds from behind enemy lines.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16319 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Thus the idea raised here some time ago - let them secede, invade, rewrite the laws under the occupation, and readmit the state to the union.

Maybe we could make the Peninsula a hippie reservation or something, too. I'd love to see what a hippie tribal policeman would look like.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I've often pondered annexing Cuba after Castro died and his brother was executed. Maybe all of those Leftists who love beach front property and tropical weather could be moved there as well as Jamaica, Haiti/DomRep and Puerto Rico. Let them have the whole region. Moved the non Leftist revolutionary locals into the US. Do some improvements on the islands so Pajama boy doesn't get homesick. Now go and sin no more. Then we could get back to peace and prosperity. Anyone who pukes Leftist garbage from that point, gets sent to the islands.

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Gaining a bit of steam....

More Californians dreaming of a country without Trump: poll
http://www.reuters.com/article...ession-idUSKBN1572KB

One-third of Californians support Calexit

Reuters has a poll out which found a surprising number of Californians are ready to secede from the union now that Donald Trump is president:

One in every three California residents supports the most populous U.S. state’s peaceful withdrawal from the union, according to a new Reuters/Ipsos opinion poll, many of them Democrats strongly opposed to Trump’s ascension to the country’s highest office.

The 32 percent support rate is sharply higher than the last time the poll asked Californians about secession, in 2014, when one-in-five or 20 percent favored it around the time Scotland held its independence referendum and voted to remain in the United Kingdom.

California also far surpasses the national average favoring secession, which stood at 22 percent, down from 24 percent in 2014.

There is already a move to get Calexit on the ballot in 2019. Here’s a sample of the pitch:

In our view, the United States of America represents so many things that conflict with Californian values, and our continued statehood means California will continue subsidizing the other states to our own detriment, and to the detriment of our children…

In 2016, the United Kingdom voted to leave the international community with their “Brexit” vote. Our “Calexit” referendum is about California joining the international community.

Reuters write up on its poll results does not break the responses down by party but it does indicate the support for secession is especially strong among disillusioned Democrats. It would be interesting to see what percentage of California Democrats are ready to bolt the United States because of Trump.

Of course California isn’t the only state which has flirted with abandoning the U.S. Prior to the election, Public Policy Polling, which often asks gag questions intended to embarrass Republicans, found that 40% of Texans would consider secession if Clinton won the election.

This still sounds like a fringe idea but the numbers suggest a lot of regular people on the right and the left are open to it. If the country continues to polarize, you have to assume the states which represent the far ends of the political continuum—California, Texas and maybe New York—could eventually see this become a majority opinion.

http://hotair.com/archives/201...ans-support-calexit/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Fine with me. Just start the wall moving north. Will I need a visa to sit here at work in El Segundo?

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Please. Leave.

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of argolfer
posted Hide Post
Do they really subsidize the other states?

Posts: 4345 | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good, I'll ship all the CA miscreants that moved to CO back to their new country.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
Good, I'll ship all the CA miscreants that moved to CO back to their new country.

It makes you wonder that *if* such an event came about, what a yuge magnet CA would become for all of the "special" people to seek their safe-space refuge to from all the other States. I can just about hear the huge sucking sound now! Smile

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanner:
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:

It makes you wonder that *if* such an event came about, what a yuge magnet CA would become for all of the "special" people to seek their safe-space refuge to from all the other States. I can just about hear the huge sucking sound now! Smile

It should the Hotel California though. Checkout any time you like, but you can never leave.

Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by argolfer:
Do they really subsidize the other states?

Cali libs tend to have an over inflated view of their place within the economy. Yea, yea...GDP numbers will be tossed out (generated by them of course). I was once told by a state rep here that CA provided 75% of all vegetables to the US. As a resident of the midwest who flies daily across this Country looking out the window...I found this laughable. Unless there are several hundred growing layers in the Central Valley that cant be seen from the air....

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm only entertaining this for fun. There is no way California will secede. But, were they to do so, how long do you think it would be before Ca. was invaded? Think about it. Without the federation Ca. is alone to defend itself......with what?

Uh, the russians. The chinese. Any # of despots in the Pacific theater...

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6850 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crossfire fanatic

Picture of mr.sig239
posted Hide Post
I have quite a few here I would like to send to the new state.

phil

Posts: 2383 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: November 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Let them try.

Then we raise a massive army, invade, destroy all of their ability to be self-sustaining, kill one third of the population, starve another 10% to death, take private property for failure to pay taxes, have President Trump appoint people to rule a balkanized state, end all government assistance, and keep it that was for two generations.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post