SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    People in California are calling for a 'Calexit' from the US in the wake of Trump's win
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People in California are calling for a 'Calexit' from the US in the wake of Trump's win Login/Join 
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Heck, looks like they'll fall off the map anyway.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I would feel sorry for all those people outside the 4-6 big cities that seem to outvote the rest of the state. Kind of like NYC in New York.

Maybe the good citizens of California would be better served if they actually rose up and threw all those commie bastards in jail, or dropped them in the San Andreas Fault.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
That's 55 less electoral votes to our enemies the next go round.

Yup, I was thinking that same thing. Bye now.....scumbags.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7503 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
It's a beautiful place with awesome weather and for the most part I enjoyed living in there '02-'05.

Fuck Calexit. Sigforum should move there, vote, and become politically active. We could turn that 55 electoral votes red and turn Sacramento on its ear.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
I bet northern California would go with them.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I'm all for it. I'll be gone by then.

And while we're at it, deport all 11 million of the illegal aliens to Calexit.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
This is a movement I can get behind. I've had a love/hate relationship with California for a long time. For the last few years that relationship has become increasingly soured. The state has gone from offering some of the best of everything to being an example of the worst.

Let them go. Wonder how long it will be until they figure out they can't survive without federal subsidies, out of state water and out of state power.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
If California actually votes for succession, the fed.gov should raise a multi-million man army to preserve the Union by blockading the ports, invading California, killing a million Californians, pillaging all the wealth in the state, raping the women, slaughtering the livestock, burning 95% of the business, farms, factories, and houses and farms, and then let them go.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
Works for me! Don't let the door...

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1864 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crossfire fanatic

Picture of mr.sig239
posted Hide Post
Let them go. Maybe all the idiots in this state would move there.

phil

Posts: 2383 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: November 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
They weren't in the Union for the last go-round on that.

Yes they were. California had been a state since 1850, and remained with the Union during the Civil War (although portions of Southern California attempted to break away and join the Confederacy, and had to be garrisoned by Union forces during the war to quell the uprisings).

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
I once had a CA native (and relatively intelligent person) tell me that CA "grew more fruits and vegetables than the rest of the Country combined".

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I'm RMD and I support this concept.

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
We should let the nanny state go and let them collapse on their own governmental weight even faster.

Posts: 8614 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Well it simply won't happen and it's pure folly to waste time on this.

A couple of years ago there was a movement, albeit short lived and not well-funded to be seriously taken, to break the state up. If you drive through NorCal you can still see signs for one of the proposed state names - Jefferson.

CA is toast and therefore lost to the liberal mindset. Absent a calamity of sorts akin to getting hit on the head and waking up and fluently speaking a language previously unspoken, we will wallow and ebb and flow like a toxic EPA site.

With this last election and the propositions passed, this state has become a progressive wet dream although we still like our death penalty.

Once it's clear that DC isn't going to send money and taxpaying businesses leave, like Mesa Tactical did a few months ago, and people who actually pay the taxes move too, it will descend further into the abyss.

So there will be no succession approved by Congress and breaking from from the union isn't going to happen.

Posts: 4076 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Hard to civil war with a bullet button and 10 round mags ain't it?

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
I once had a CA native (and relatively intelligent person) tell me that CA "grew more fruits and vegetables than the rest of the Country combined".

He was talking about the people.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I think we should even let them go without taking their portion of the debt. It's still a good deal for us.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post