SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Infuriating: Five Police Officers Reportedly Told To Leave Local Starbucks Because Some Snowflake Felt Unsafe
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Infuriating: Five Police Officers Reportedly Told To Leave Local Starbucks Because Some Snowflake Felt Unsafe Login/Join 
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
A smart Dunkin Donuts advertising exec might want to start advertising campaign stating how Police are welcome at Dunkin Donuts. Wink

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
The department needs to issue a public apology, say they're sorry and that they promise they'll never send a police officer to Starbucks again. Wink

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I got an idea while reading this thread/story. Starbucks policy is that 'all' people are welcome there and can hang out as long as they like, right? So let's have a sit in at all Starbucks nationwide for an entire day or two. Simply fill up every table, chair, bathroom, and free space, but buy nothing the entire time people are there. As a matter of fact, call out for pizza or have Uber Eats deliver food and drinks from elsewhere. Make it totally impossible for any weak kneed liberal shiners to even get into the store to purchase anything. And if they did make it inside, I'd imagine they'd foul they briefs given the audience. Take some money out of Starbucks drawers and make a point in the process.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FN in MT:
Saw it on the news earlier today.

Wonder WHY the Barista didn't just say to the complainer... "Why don't YOU leave".

So tired of these entitled, "So Special" complainers.

I agree whole heartedly.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Go to Dunkin'Donuts!!!!!

Growing up in NE I got to say I am a fan of Dunkies. Quite honestly the "small town" feel of Dunkies kind of diminishes once you go south of Connecticut. But I digress. I never saw a cop pay for a cup of joe at a Dunkies up north. They would swing in on their shift, grab a hot cup, toss some cash in the tip jar (many times more than the coffee cost) and smile. I also saw them get free eats at the local sub shops and house of pizza. It never bothered me. I grew up in a small town just shy of Boston and everyone knew the officers. They would get a slice of pie, or a small sub while on duty, and they would toss a "tip" in the jar and it was normal. Everyone knew they didn't "pay". In my opinion it was not "free". When I delivered pizza at one of the local places that did this I remember closing the store late at night and there was always a cruiser in the parking lot as we locked up. Many of them would follow us to the bank so we could make the nightly cash drop. Was it their job? Of course. And they also could have chosen to park themselves by Hobart pond at that time of night and do nothing. I felt safe in that town, and they kept us safe. Did they hem me up for shooting off fireworks or drag racing out on rubber road? You bet you're ass they did. And it took one midnight knock on the door waking my mom up with me in tow to make me DREAD doing it again. Community policing. I respected the hell out of the officers in my town. Unfortunately in this day and age the respect does not go both ways.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
So when something goes bump in the night I’m wondering if this little snowflake calls a barista instead of 911.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11749 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ideally the 5 LEOs would video tape the barista, and send a copy to corporate HQs. Usually things happen, but not what the barista wanted.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If that happened in Chicago I would have immediately called for an outdoor roll call in front of the place. Don't want cops there do ya? How's 45-50 all at once sound?

Posts: 5731 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
It makes me sad that I already disliked Starbucks, never go there, and can't boycott them.

Jesus, I never get to have any fun: Don't use Gillette, don't wear Nikes, don't like spectator sports - don't even know the rules for soccer.

It sucks to be me. Frown

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
This makes want to start drinking coffee just so I can boycott them.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
don't even know the rules for soccer.

The rules for soccer are easy. You take one of your buddy's to the bar, get him a few drinks, and watch him wander around for 90 minutes trying to score Wink

Just like a FIFA game!

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
It makes me sad that I already disliked Starbucks, never go there, and can't boycott them.

Jesus, I never get to have any fun: Don't use Gillette, don't wear Nikes, don't like spectator sports - don't even know the rules for soccer.

It sucks to be me. Frown
Jim, I feel your pain. I'm in the exact same boat.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I thought Starbucks was cool with anyone hanging out there. Guess homeless are ok but the police are not.

Guess they will apologize. Wonder if they will close for a day of training as they did with another issue. Not holding my breath.

quote:
Starbucks Coffee Company (NASDAQ: SBUX) today announced it will be closing its more than 8,000 company-owned stores in the United States on the afternoon of May 29 to conduct racial-bias education geared toward preventing discrimination in our stores.Apr 17, 2018

Guess it's ok to discriminate against the police.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
I support the right of a business owner to do business with, or refuse to do business with, whomever they wish. Unfortunately in many of these cases it is employees making these decisions when they do not have the authority.

And if a business refuses to do business with somebody, and a protest ensues, I think that’s stupid too. Just like I think it’s stupid for gays to march in front of a bakery, I think it’s equally as stupid when it’s the other side. Any protest is essentially one side telling the other that they do not have the right to do business as they choose. Simply don’t do business with those who you feel that strongly about and the market will do the rest.

I’m not infuriated when people do these types of foolish things. I’m thankful that in our free nation we can choose our own paths, however misguided as they may be.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15692 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Were I the chief, I would suggest that nobody in the department should go where they're not wanted to spend their hard earned money, on or off duty. I might also send out a press release saying that none of my on duty officers would be frequenting Starbucks. At all. A letter to Starbucks Corporate would be included.

I believe in giving the customer what they ask for.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
What are they going to do? Call the cops?

My thoughts as well. They could then have them tresspassed.

Posts: 1950 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Were I the chief, I would suggest that nobody in the department should go where they're not wanted to spend their hard earned money, on or off duty. I might also send out a press release saying that none of my on duty officers would be frequenting Starbucks. At all. A letter to Starbucks Corporate would be included.

I believe in giving the customer what they ask for.

And that is likely why you (and I) will never rise to the rank of chief.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
BLACK RIFLE COFFEE needs to open up some shops.

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
So when something goes bump in the night I’m wondering if this little snowflake calls a barista instead of 911.

They just call upstairs, to their mom.

Posts: 1345 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love the department I work for. (A big one in the D/FW area) We don't frequent Starbucks, you can find us all at the QT. Their coffee and soft drinks hit the spot during a 12 hour shift.

Posts: 486 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: September 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post