SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Infuriating: Five Police Officers Reportedly Told To Leave Local Starbucks Because Some Snowflake Felt Unsafe
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Infuriating: Five Police Officers Reportedly Told To Leave Local Starbucks Because Some Snowflake Felt Unsafe Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
And that is likely why you (and I) will never rise to the rank of chief.

True that.

Lol. You both would get along with my girl. There are some things my girl and I cannot talk about. We approach some issues from completely different perspectives (she has been a cop for over 20 years).

She comes home and I say "Hey hon how was your day?". She replies "Good. We had a barricade today for 8 hours."

Me: "Long day huh"

Her (scowl) "Yea"

Me: "So what happened?"

Her: "Guy locked himself in the house and threatened suicide"

Me: "Why did it take so long?"

Her: (scowl) "He threatened suicide"

Me: "Could you not get into the house?"

Her: "Well he had bars on the windows and he threatened to kill himself"

Me: (cutting her off) "Why didn't you bust in? You need a tank? I can get you a tank"

Her: "Honey we cannot drive a tank through a house."

Me: "Bullshit I used to do it all the time."

Her: "No hon that is not how it works"

Me: "Why not? Did you at least have security around the place? A few machine gun teams covering the ingress and egress? A tank can level a house. Trust me."

Her: "Yes babe, we had it surrounded."

Me: "I would have set up a mortar team. Found a terp to ask them to surrender in their native language. Then dropped a few on them to spark conversation"

Her: "No baby, he was just a sick old man. And he spoke english"

Me: "Is he still there? I can probably get that tank tomorrow"

Her: "I'm going to take a bath. And then go to bed. Don't wake me up" <kisses my cheek>

This is a match made in heaven....lol

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blume9mm:
I can't understand the logic.... you have 5 customers who are spending money and I assume not causing a problem and one who does not like the way they look and make him or her feel.... which one do you ask to leave?

That's 1 in 6.

Same damn reason why we cave to the gay population on shit when they're even less than 1 in 6.

Because people are stupid.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
How in the world does the presence of cops make you uncomfortable, unless you are a crook? Or a bat shit crazy snow flake, I guess.
Lord Have Mercy!
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

Posts: 1673 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig sailor:
How in the world does the presence of cops make you uncomfortable, unless you are a crook? Or a bat shit crazy snow flake, I guess.
Lord Have Mercy!
Rod
Because cops wear . . . GUNS! (Gasp) And guns are scary things.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Is there really no one in the store at any given time that would speak up and say "I'm more comfortable with the LEO in the store" when this happens? I would.

The idiot is unchallenged - why does the LEO make you feel uncomfortable? To what extent? Will you be leaving soon?

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
This makes me feel even better for dropping starbucks instant coffee (Costco). I just yesterday received my new Israeli Instant coffee I ordered (recommended by our own Gustofer). Superfine ground (just like the starbucks VIA brand). Tried it this morning, delicious.

If I were walking into that starbucks at the time (especially with a group), and figured out what was going on, it would be interesting to see how they would respond to my saying "We were coming in to eat and have coffee but don't feel safe with the police leaving, so we're leaving too."

Of course, I'd have to actually go to starbucks for that to happen, and I don't do that, so....

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lord Have Mercy!
Rod

My guess is when you smell like weed and have warrants, cops make you nervous.

And that generally is the case.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Maybe not a good idea for a cop to do this, but if I (I am not a cop) saw something like this happen, I would not hesitate to snap a photo of the Starbucks employee and blast his / her photo all over social media -- I would join facebook and twitter just to do this -- with the notation that "this is the Starbucks employee who asked five customers to leave. The customers were police officers, taking a coffee break on their shift."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Lord Have Mercy!
Rod

Are you saying that most Starbucks customers are Stoners?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

flashguy

That’s offensive and scares me.

Out you go!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So has there been any customer who has been interviewed and said "i am the one who complained" I am betting it was the barrista, not any customer. Though it is tempe, so....

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
This makes me feel even better for dropping starbucks instant coffee (Costco). I just yesterday received my new Israeli Instant coffee I ordered (recommended by our own Gustofer). Superfine ground (just like the starbucks VIA brand). Tried it this morning, delicious.....

What is this Israeli coffee of which you speak? And I do like Black Rifle. My (liberal) daughter got me a sampler pack.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3294 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
now there are a bunch of nervous nellies in Tempe who are concerned that since people are so afraid of cops that they won't show up when called. The term they used was 'abuse of power'

I giggled at that one

abuse of power my ass, just common sense and time management

Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nhtagmember,

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
SIGforum.com Main Page The Lounge Infuriating: Five Police Officers Reportedly Told To Leave Local Starbucks Because Some Snowflake Felt Unsafe

I spent 42 years in LE. 13 years on a tactical team and 7 years as the team commander. The snowflakes were afraid of officers in the store getting a cup of coffee. If they only knew just how absolutely terrifying officers could be...……..

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
So if the cops stayed and didn't leave would they have to arrest themselves for trespass?

Posts: 23240 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Lord Have Mercy!
Rod

flashguy

I'd damn well hazard a guess that the ones that are "afraid" of the police are. There is no logical reason to be, so its either that or mental illness.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
So if the cops stayed and didn't leave would they have to arrest themselves for trespass?

I’m guessing that since they are paying customers, they could have told that smarmy fuck of a wanna be barista (any chimp could do his job) to go to hell. Look up the number for corporate and tell them about his behavior while he’s trying to figure out how to dial 911...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
snap a photo of the Starbucks employee and blast his / her photo all over social media
^^^^ This!

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
it would be also good to know which Starbucks is the one we find offensive

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
As a medical rep, I used to spend a few hundred bucks a week at Starbucks for Hospital staff. I stopped using them when they had their last bit of drama. Still not going there.

Offices like Chik Fil A more Wink

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post