SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Humans need two lives in succession
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Humans need two lives in succession Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Reading and understanding history is something each individual can do for themselves.
Where has that gotten us? Look around

Not everyone would benefit from a second life unless they were given a second, better brain too.
In the short time since you started this thread, there have been so many examples of poor uses of the opportunities given in life in each days news. I don’t think just a second life alone would help most of them.

Posts: 9434 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Increasingly, I believe that true wisdom is fleeting. At best, I may get a glimpse of it, but only on the rare days when I can acknowledge my foolishness.

That said, I like bendable’s shopping list approach.

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I think given the chance to relive you past with the knowledge of the future for some would be very difficult. I think having the ability to correct your past mistakes would be great but how would it effect the non mistakes.
We learn from our mistakes but then again if we could go back with that knowledge we would have learned from the past.

There are thing I definitely would have done differently. Payed more attention in school. Stayed at a job with better job security. Invested more money for retirement, however I have been doing something since I was 20. Other mistakes I have made in life that have not only effected my self but others.

I tend to think more about what if I went right instead of left.
What if I was not at my friends house almost 40 years ago and did not see the girl across the street who eventually became my wife.
I would have never became a volunteer firefighter that lead me to two great careers I had at the same time. Never would have had the friends I have had. Probably would have never moved to Florida over 20 years ago that put us on a new life path.

I probably would have become a chef or a motorcycle mechanic. Those were the thing I remember being most interested in my teens.
I also was looking at going into the Air Force when I graduated high school. The fire department took me in a different direction.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2543 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’m not sure I could handle doing something stupid AGAIN like I know I would at least once.

Posts: 13731 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Am wondering if you actually have to go all code blue,
To get a do over ?

or do close calls count?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54466 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And,
AND!

What if the reason you came through all of this medical mess and

The reason you made the decision to keep this forum together, for the benefit of very many,

is because of what you learned
in your previous life?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54466 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post