SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need pen advice
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need pen advice Login/Join 
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
No question here, my favorite inexpensive retractable is the Pilot B2P.

Yeah, they are made out of recycled water bottles, but that's not why I like them. Simple and reliable.

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not only are the Skillcraft US Gov't pens really good quality, they are manufactured by blind people. Last time I checked the taxpayer pays 11 cents apiece for them. Sometimes government does work.

Posts: 17142 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
easy money
posted Hide Post
Hello!

I am picky about my pens. Currently in love with the Pentel EnerGel - aluminum body in various colors & the smoothest pen I've ever used. Walmart & office supply stores sell them for about $5 each.

Good luck!

Jim

That which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger

Posts: 576 | Location: United States | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joel9507:
No question here, my favorite inexpensive retractable is the Pilot B2P.

Yeah, they are made out of recycled water bottles, but that's not why I like them. Simple and reliable.

Yup. This pen writes really nice.

----

As mentioned twice earlier, the limited (metal) version of the G2 is pretty nice. If you want weight and low price, that fits the bill. It is/was made in 3 colors. I got a rebate on mine way back.

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tul pens

Posts: 465 | Location: Space City | Registered: October 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've carried a zebra 701 hacked as described in the link posted by MikeinNC for maybe a decade. The Fisher ink is much better writing than the factory ink. The plastic part of the clicker is the fatal flaw in the 701. I never saw the point of the tail cap swap until the plastic threads started wearing out from pulling the pen in and out of my pocket constantly. Whole thing popped off one day.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim1970:
Hello!

I am picky about my pens. Currently in love with the Pentel EnerGel - aluminum body in various colors & the smoothest pen I've ever used. Walmart & office supply stores sell them for about $5 each.

Good luck!

Jim

If we're talking about the same pen, the Pentel EnerGel pens I buy from OfficeMax are aluminum-colored but are made of plastic and come in 4 packs for $5-6 . I also use the Pilot G-2 pens. I have to buy them secretly because wife thinks I buy too many pens . Curiously, she says the same thing about guns .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Pilot G2 is my favorite cheap pen. Just the plain one. Cheap, comfortable, and a great gel refill.

They are hard to beat.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
some of the best pens I have ever used were from Pharma Reps,

before the .gov said they could not give them out (not sure if that was a state or fed thing) they would routinely hand out everything from fine high dollar looking pens to cheap funky plastic ones,

all wrote and handled very well,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I've carried a zebra 701 hacked as described in the link posted by MikeinNC for maybe a decade. The Fisher ink is much better writing than the factory ink.

Zebra F701. All day, every day.
I haven't done the hack yet, but I have plenty of F402 here for parts, plus a couple of Fisher refills. Just gotta make time to do the job.

God bless America.

Posts: 13494 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Palm:
OKCGene, this thread is fortuitous because I was actually just getting ready to karma off this pen:

https://www.machine-era.com/pr...-era-pen-solid-brass

It really doesn't meet any of your criteria Razz

It's a screw cap and it takes pilot G2G refills which are gel rollers, not ballpoint.

But if you are interested and think you could use it I'd be glad to instant karma it to you.

Just got home and grabbed the mail. I really like it, the heft feels great and it writes very well, makes writing a pleasure.

Thank you so much, I am thankful.

Isn't SigForum and it's members the greatest on the planet?

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are welcome Gene, I'm glad it's working out for you.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post