SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So we got these $90 pillows that are amesome EXCEPT for when it comes to sleeping
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So we got these $90 pillows that are amesome EXCEPT for when it comes to sleeping Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
No, I would never pay $90 for a pillow EVER!!!!!
But we bought a new mattress and have had some issues so along with a discount and now we are on our 3rd mattress (hopefully the last) they gave us these Sealy Optimum pillows/ they sell for $150 in the store Roll Eyes and $90 on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d...ef=plSrch&th=1&psc=1
They have this cooling gel panel that is so awesome feels so nice and cool. But for sleeping it is way to hard. The fella at the store says they take awhile to break in. I use it as a back pillow to watch TV at night no shirt and propped up against this thing is awesome.

Maybe using it as back pillow will help break it in to actually be useable as a sleeping pillow.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25356 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
Maybe just store them in the van.

Posts: 4069 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
I used to have a pillow that had beans in it. Not super "comfy", but it did allow more airflow around my head, and kept my neck and head cooler.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4611 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:

Don't leave valuables in a vehicle!

————————————————

Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I bought a form pillow with some cooling gel thing on it at Costco a couple years ago. It was about 30 bucks. I love the thing but it's not that stiff. Just right for me.

Pillows are a person thing. People like different things.

I also have an older form pillow that is like you describe. It never got any softer. Never been able to sleep with it but keep it as a nice backrest.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:

If he only bought two he'll need two more...
One to block each of those ugly wheels.
Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23946 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
I used to have a pillow that had beans in it. Not super "comfy", but it did allow more airflow around my head, and kept my neck and head cooler.

My stepdad used a home made pillow. Filled it with shelled dry corn.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:

Yup I had one of those. The mount Fuji Sobakawa pillow or whatever. Buckwheat hulls. Came in handy in a pillow fight and I recall I did like it.

http://www.cyberbrands.com/pub...uckwheat-pillow.html

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As strange as it is, I had a bean pillow as well but could not sleep comfortably with it as the sound of the beans moving around would wake me up. It also weighed a ton.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Pillows in the van will come in handy, when you are living in it down by the river Big Grin

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Anyone using My Pillow? Been hearing how great they are on radio.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't balk at spending $90 on a pillow. Sleep, comfort and my back are damn near priceless.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

I've got one. It's OK; a bit lumpy and not my favorite.

I had a really nice down pillow I bought years ago - it's beyond worn out now. The company went out of business and haven't found a suitable replacement just yet. I may try a buckwheat filled pillow next.

Posts: 1799 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
Interesting topic.
On Saturday, I purchased a Serta "blah blah blah" pillow from WallyMart. Threw the package away, but it was some kind of cooling pillow that was selling for $7.99. I actually questioned whether I should drop that much coin on a fricking pillow, but I threw caution to the wind....

Two days later, I'll admit I've been sleeping better, and my stiff neck is feeling much, much better. This pillow works great compared to the $25 "gel" pillow someone in my family purchased for me at Sam's.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craglawnmanor:
Interesting topic.
On Saturday, I purchased a Serta "blah blah blah" pillow from WallyMart. Threw the package away, but it was some kind of cooling pillow that was selling for $7.99. I actually questioned whether I should drop that much coin on a fricking pillow, but I threw caution to the wind....

Two days later, I'll admit I've been sleeping better, and my stiff neck is feeling much, much better. This pillow works great compared to the $25 "gel" pillow someone in my family purchased for me at Sam's.

I've got one of those Serta pillows, and it's fantastic. I put out a bunch of heat, and I've always had trouble sleeping because my head warms up the pillow so much, have to keep flipping it over and over. I tell ye what, that $8 was some of the best money I ever spent.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:

My mother has them at her house and I do not like them.

On the other hand Homedics makes one that is similar but much better and far cheaper.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/o...e=UTF8&condition=new

They used to be at Sams for $10 for a 2 pack people must have realized how awesome they are because they are sold out almost everywhere I see online or more expensive.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
quote:

I bought 2 king sized ones, as much as I tried to like them for a month, I simply could not get over the chunky feeling lumps inside of them they use as fill. I gave up on them after dropping plenty of coin on them.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I have a memory foam pillow and over time they do soften up.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Put them in the guest room and leave the price tags on Wink

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
My wife's been on a search for the perfect pillow ever since I've known her. We've had buckwheat hull pillows, sobakowa pillows, down & every kind of contour pillows imagineable.

She bought a couple My Pillows about three years ago & we're still sleeping on them, so they must be good.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post