SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Guess who is a visiting fellow at Harvard?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guess who is a visiting fellow at Harvard? Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Not any more. Appointment rescinded.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
In his letter, he should have refrained from this silly "Ms. Manning" and "she/her" crap.

Bradley Manning is male, I don't care how the traitorous little shit styles his hair or how much makeup he slathers on.

Yup!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I always thought it was sort of funny...

you demand that I accept you the way you are now, but you couldn't accept yourself the way you were

tortured logic right there

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, apparently Harvard rediscovered "real" logic just in the nick of time. Manning got the word that the Fellowship had been rescinded in a phone call from Douglas Elmendorf, who is apparently the Dean of the Kennedy School at Harvard, just as Manning stepped off of the stage from accepting some participation award or another.

quote:

When Elmendorf reached Manning on the phone he sounded audibly nervous, the source said. He argued that Harvard had to "weigh" what each visiting fellow "brought to the table".

A member of Manning's support team (Eh? Those fake boobs aren't THAT big! - IC) challenged Elmendorf to explain why Harvard was so anxious about giving [Manning] the title of "visiting fellow" when in the same roster of this year's fellows they had included Sean Spicer, Donald Trump's former White House press secretary, and Trump's former presidential campaign manager Corey Landowski, who is charged with assaulting a reporter during the 2016 race.

They noted what they suggested was the absurdity of honoring two prominent members of a presidential campaign notorious for its bending of the truth and controversial stances on race issues in America.

Elmendorf further alienated the Manning team by responding that Spicer and Lewandoski "brought something to the table" and could teach the Harvard audience something. That, for the recipients of the phone conversation, implied that the whistleblower by contrast had nothing to contribute.

Which, oddly enough, I'm sure Manning didn't.

Full original text at http://www.yahoo.com/news/chel...rvard-184041947.html

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
So Manning can go to Harvard, just not as a fellow… How ironic.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
So Manning can go to Harvard, just not as a fellow… How ironic.

Apparently he can't go to Canada though:

Chelsea Manning says she was denied entry to Canada
http://www.reuters.com/article...canada-idUSKCN1C02OW

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Ah, those whacky Canadians and their consistently-held attitudes towards foreigners who've been convicted of felonies.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What's this "she" stuff.

It's a guy.

Posts: 107575 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
What's this "she" stuff.

It's a guy.

Yes it's ridiculous. In just a simple google search I couldn't find any article in the first page of results that didn't say "she."

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post