SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    On Vacation In Brevard N. Carolina
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On Vacation In Brevard N. Carolina Login/Join 
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted
Thought I'd share a pic from two days ago taken from US-64 I believe. Leaf color is not so hot this year, but still glad to be in the Mountains. Pisgah Forest road is still very much our favorite Zen ride!

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Western North Carolina. Gods country and some of the finest people on the planet.

This is a fun place to eat.
http://www.hobnobrestaurant.com

Can’t get much better barbecue than here either.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Re..._North_Carolina.html

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of the most beautiful areas in the world. I was blessed to spend a lot of time in the Pisgah National Forest and the surrounding areas in my youth.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I rode down the parkway from Aho to Linville yesterday and the leaves were mostly gone. Even the Viaduct was unphotogenic. But it was still a beautiful day to be in the mountains.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Beautiful picture!

I've only been to Brevard once, many years ago when we went to Greenville,SC to pick up a Boston Terrier from our rescue.

Drove up from Greenville, to Brevard, however, it was raining, lots of fog, so not quite the scenic tour you had.

I did get to go to downtown Brevard! LoL

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
MY parents made me move from Tampa to Western NC when I was 15....

I'm 47 now and I understand why.

waiting on one of three things to happen before we move back there:

1. we win the lottery and become so stinking righ I can buy my own mountain (and a howitzer)

2. Mrs. Mike to get to retirement age

3. society melts and we can flee to the mtns

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11279 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
For our 38th anniversary the wife and I went Leaf peeping this week.
We did most of the Blue Ridge Parkway and all of Skyline Drive. Front Royal to Asheville. We also took in Hershey's Chocolate World and Gettysburg National Military Park. 1800 miles, 5 days. Also drove the Little River road to Cades Cove. Color was a little spotty but still pretty good in lots of places.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
GF and I were just there two weeks ago. Beautiful area! I've spent a bit of time in that area over the past several years, mountain biking and waterfall chasing for photos. I think I could live there, even though I'm a desert rat!

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3299 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:
GF and I were just there two weeks ago. Beautiful area! I've spent a bit of time in that area over the past several years, mountain biking and waterfall chasing for photos. I think I could live there, even though I'm a desert rat!

Yep to old to hike anymore, but I did get a shot of Looking Glass falls in Pisgha forest.
https://postimg.org/image/5lnm8zdh7/

Posts: 4411 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
First picture looks like JYarchin's back yard Smile

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6010 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by tanner:
Western North Carolina. Gods country and some of the finest people on the planet

Why I retired here.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1087 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I was in Asheville last weekend, we took a ride up to Mt Mitchell and the leaves were turning on the way up the mountain.

Weather and scenery in that area was fantastic.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9691 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I hiked to the top of Mt Pisgah last month. Beautiful. And with my 10x50 steiners, I could see Biltmore. That was pretty cool!

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Two of my friends used to live in Brevard and they loved it. But the move back to Louisiana

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanner:
Western North Carolina. Gods country and some of the finest people on the planet.
[/url]

agreed.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will be back there for in two weeks for some mountain biking (both PNF as well as DuPont). My wife and I found Brevard last fall for the White Squirrel Fall Cycling Classic and have been back every couple of months since. We are constantly looking for events there. We did the Dirt Diggler Gravel Grinder as well as White Squirrel in the past month or so, always have a great time!

Posts: 1626 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: March 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
For our 38th anniversary the wife and I went Leaf peeping this week.
We did most of the Blue Ridge Parkway and all of Skyline Drive. Front Royal to Asheville. We also took in Hershey's Chocolate World and Gettysburg National Military Park. 1800 miles, 5 days. Also drove the Little River road to Cades Cove. Color was a little spotty but still pretty good in lots of places.

Second picture absolutely breathtaking. Lived in N.C. all my life and just wouldn't want to live elsewhere. We've got it all ; mountains, coast, foothills flat lands and I live only about 30 miles from the worlds finest BBQ. Got to love it.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post