SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thought it would be interesting to have a Famous quotes thread
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thought it would be interesting to have a Famous quotes thread Login/Join 
Picture of SIG 229R
posted
I'll start

I know there are vast numbers of Jews serving with our Forces ... but it seems to me indeed appropriate that a special Jewish unit, a special unit of that race which has suffered indescribable torments from the Nazis, should be represented as a distinct formation amongst the forces gathered for the final overthrow.

Hint: date was 28 Sept. 1944

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three on, one off
Picture of G-Man
posted Hide Post
Patton?

"Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey."

-- Ernest Hemingway

Posts: 4449 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Sounds like only Ike would have the clout to make that happen. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
The British Bulldog . "ZT"L"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
So what is the quote?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know there are vast numbers of Jews serving with our Forces ... but it seems to me indeed appropriate that a special Jewish unit, a special unit of that race which has suffered indescribable torments from the Nazis, should be represented as a distinct formation amongst the forces gathered for the final overthrow.

SigP229R

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just guessing it's this, Jim

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
The British Bulldog . "ZT"L"

If you mean Chruchill you score 100

SigP229R

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG 229R:
quote:

Ok. You fooled me, no markings. I read that over and over, maybe I'm getting senile or something.

Any idea when Churchill said, or wrote, that?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
quote:

Ok. You fooled me, no markings. I read that over and over, maybe I'm getting senile or something.

Date is in original thread , 28 Sept. 1944

SigP229R

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
quote:

Date is in original thread , 28 Sept. 1944

I was wondering what the occasion might have been a speech, one if his prayer memos, etc.

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Other famous quotes:

quote:
Where did all these fucking Indians come from.

Colonel George A. Custer, US Calvary, deceased

quote:
Nancy Astor the Viscountess Astor: "Sir, if you were my husband, I'd poison your tea."

Winston Churchill: "Madame,if you were my wife, I'd drink it!"

quote:
KBO, KBO.

Winston Churchill

quote:
I am The Night

AirsoftGuy

quote:
Got freedom? Thank a man, or rather, thank all the men willing to die so the rest of us can go fetal in our safe spaces if somebody hurts our feelings.

Milo Yiannopoulos

quote:
He is a man of courage who does not run away, but remains at his post and fights against the enemy.

Socrates

quote:
If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington

quote:
The time for war has not yet come, but it will come, and that soon; and when it does come, my advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard.

Stonewall Jackson

quote:
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.

Buddha

quote:
Rat's Head, Ox's Neck

"Rat's head and ox's neck" means that, when we are fighting with the enemy and both he and we have become occupied with small points in an entangled spirit, we must always think of the Way of strategy as being both a rat's head and an ox's neck. Whenever we have become preoccupied with small detail, we must suddenly change into a large spirit, interchanging large with small.

This is one of the essences of strategy. It is necessary that the warrior think in this spirit in everyday life. You must not depart from this spirit in large-scale strategy nor in single combat.

Miyamoto Musashi

Perhaps my favorite quote from Go Rin no Sho

quote:
Donald Trump is a first-rate ass clown, but...

...at least he's giving both barrels to those Obama-loving commie fucks at NBC. It's refreshing to hear someone stand up to these phonies, and it's especially so when coming from someone with enough money to not give a shit.

Donald Trump calls NBC 'weak and foolish' after they sever ties with GOP hopeful

BTW, Barry, as a measure of just how badly you suck, you make Donald Trump look like Winston Churchill. Damn, playah. Best check yo self.

Parabellum, The Omniscient

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
God made truth with many doors to welcome all believers who knock on them.
-Khalil Gibran

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
The weed of crime bears bitter fruit.
-The Shadow

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:
The weed of crime bares bitter fruit.
-The Shadow

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
When it doubt, whip it out.
-Bill Clinton

Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Rat's Head, Ox's Neck

"Rat's head and ox's neck" means that, when we are fighting with the enemy and both he and we have become occupied with small points in an entangled spirit, we must always think of the Way of strategy as being both a rat's head and an ox's neck. Whenever we have become preoccupied with small detail, we must suddenly change into a large spirit, interchanging large with small.

This is one of the essences of strategy. It is necessary that the warrior think in this spirit in everyday life. You must not depart from this spirit in large-scale strategy nor in single combat.

Miyamoto Musashi

Perhaps my favorite quote from Go Rin no Sho

Mine, too.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i would rather be a servant in the house of the lord than to sit in the seats of the mighty.

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 861 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
"Whoever said the pen was mightier than the sword has obviously never encountered automatic weapons" - Douglas MacArthur

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake" - Napoleon Bonaparte

Kevin

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post