SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pentagon Denies Permit for the Annual Rolling to Remember [Thunder] Veteran’s MC Rally
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pentagon Denies Permit for the Annual Rolling to Remember [Thunder] Veteran’s MC Rally Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted
Breaking a 32 year tradition, the parking permit to use the huge Pentagon lot as a staging point prior to the ride, and a rallying point after, the veteran’s organization AmVet was denied a permit. The virus. Reason, “optics.” The Pentagon is apparently being run by social media interns.

The ride, which usually runs about 350,000 motorcycles WILL go on. The permit denial means the riders will be assembling from all over the DC area—-gridlock.
Stars&Stripes

Washington Examiner

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Retarded. They are outside.

In my old job, I used to have clients in Arlington and all over Fairfax, VA. Always enjoyed seeing the bikes and the sounds as they would come through.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16399 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The real reason is White older conservative dudes are no longer welcome on Federal property. Covid never stopped BLM, They were encouraged to march. They named a street after them in D.C.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
That’s the real reason. I hope the bikers bring the place to a halt - and they can point to the Pentagon as the sole cause.

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
That’s the real reason. I hope the bikers bring the place to a halt - and they can point to the Pentagon as the sole cause.

I hope so too.

Of course, I can see the headline of the Washington comPost now. "Insurrection!"

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I would nit be unhappy with that headline

It should be a portent of things to come

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
350,000 bikers. Come armed. Take over DC. Drain swamp. Save America.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Breaking a 32 year tradition, the parking permit to use the huge Pentagon lot as a staging point prior to the ride, and a rallying point after, the veteran’s organization AmVet was denied a permit. The virus. Reason, “optics.” The Pentagon is apparently being run by social media interns.

The ride, which usually runs about 350,000 motorcycles WILL go on. The permit denial means the riders will be assembling from all over the DC area—-gridlock.
Stars&Stripes

Washington Examiner

Well, look who is sitting in the whitehouse and picking the generals and admirals.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
The real reason is White older conservative dudes are no longer welcome on Federal property. Covid never stopped BLM, They were encouraged to march. They named a street after them in D.C.

Ultimately, that's it.
The Lefties need to create a confirmation bias, and validate all their preconceptions and notions.

'Veterans...in large groups...on motorcycles...majority Caucasian, must be a bunch of deplorables and bigots'

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This has been brewing for a few years. The Pentagon has been getting harder and harder to deal with for permitting this event, but I have no doubt that the change of administration gave them the air cover they needed to finally deny the permit. Trump was very vocal a couple years ago about keeping the event going even when the previous organizers were ready to stop doing it in DC. That's when Am Vets stepped in to take it over, which is why it is now called Rolling to Remember, not Rolling Thunder, which is TMed by the old organizers.

But despite all that, it will be interesting to see what happens this year. The event has always been billed as an organized protest, so I hope to see it go forward in that spirit.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I bet that there aren't enough enforcers in the DC area to deal with 350,000 motorcyclists who might decide that "we don't need no steenkin' permit."

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I bet that there aren't enough enforcers in the DC area to deal with 350,000 motorcyclists who might decide that "we don't need no steenkin' permit."

You're assuming that the "enforcers" are opposed to a bunch of bikers right to peacefully assemble.
Wink

Outside of a few extra traffic accidents, and some "What the hell are you doing?" moments, the PD will probably do very little.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:

They will still have the event the permit is to use the Pentagon parking lot to stage the event. It doesn't matter how many bikers there are I don't see them accessing any part of the Penatgon.

While there is the main ride or event you will see and hear bikes around the area for a few days around the event. Always fun to see and hear them.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16399 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post