SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Looking for a screw removal hack...update on page 2. Thanks anyway!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a screw removal hack...update on page 2. Thanks anyway! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to say thanks for the ideas. Unfortunately after further inspection it looks like the screws are actually set in what looks like sleeves (maybe a type of metal)in the intake/MAF housing. The sleeves are what’s spinning in the plastic, not the screw itself. I don’t see anyway possible to get the sleeves stable enough to spin the screw or pull the whole sleeve as they are recessed under the screw head and in the plastic wall of the intake. Hoping the MAF lasts for ever! If it doesn’t I’m gonna have to get a new intake and MAF which will be a pretty penny. Thanks again for the ideas.

CT

Posts: 246 | Location: Damn it's hot! | Registered: September 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChasinTails:
Just wanted to say thanks for the ideas. Unfortunately after further inspection it looks like the screws are actually set in what looks like sleeves (maybe a type of metal)in the intake/MAF housing. The sleeves are what’s spinning in the plastic, not the screw itself. I don’t see anyway possible to get the sleeves stable enough to spin the screw or pull the whole sleeve as they are recessed under the screw head and in the plastic wall of the intake. Hoping the MAF lasts for ever! If it doesn’t I’m gonna have to get a new intake and MAF which will be a pretty penny. Thanks again for the ideas.

CT

Actually, this makes it a group easier. Drill about three equa-distant holes around the sleeves making sure to slightly touch the sleeves. Squirt epoxy or gel superglue into the holes, let it dry and proceed from there.

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
Maybe put the torx bit into an electric drill and spin it at high speed. Maybe enough friction will widen the plastic enough for it to be pulled out.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post