SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Karma and review for shooting goggles (Asian Fit)***bryan11***
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Karma and review for shooting goggles (Asian Fit)***bryan11*** Login/Join 
posted
Ok, first karma. Always said I needed to do one and this seems perfect. If you are Asian or at least "Asian Fit". I didn't really know exactly what that meant, hence this karma. lol

Ok, the Karma is for a Smith Optics Boogie Regulator (Asian Fit). Technically it is a Boogie Sport but I stole the original strap and it will come with the Regulator strap which is basically a swim goggles elastic strap. All brand new though.

Wanted some shooting glasses and came across these goggles. I bought a couple pair, they aren't too expensive, and never tried Asian Fit glasses before so I bought one unawares that I apparently don't fit these. At all.

Universally good reviews with the comment that they fog easily. I don't know, I have been wearing the pair that fits me around quite a bit with no fogging. The "regulator" name comes from a sliding plastic port that opens/closes over some ventilation holes. It seemed needlessly complicated and at extreme head dipping angles interfered with my vision so I removed the insert. This opens up some extra ventilation holes where the gizmo was held in place. Nothing big enough to allow foreign entry and actually looks better without the regulator so I recommend that you think about removing it. By opening up those extra holes I never fogged them up at all. Taking them shooting tomorrow so I will add commentary if that changes.

These things are wicked light. Optics are brilliant. Clear and feel like you are wearing nothing. Since it is held by a strap you get a great seal on your ear muffs.

My only complaint is the included nylon swim strap. It is way too short. At its biggest extension it is almost loose enough to be comfortable. As it is it feels somewhat snug like swim goggles. Easy fix, Amazon sells replacement swim goggle straps for 5 bucks.

I haven't tested them but I watched their video where these things stop a 22 short. They are wicked tough in the impact regime. Passes the ANSI stuff and the much tougher Mil Std stuff easily.

Anyway, Karma time. If you don't know what Asian Fit means (like me) investigate because these don't fit my Italian self in any way shape or form. If you do or are by all means enter. I love these things. I can see them becoming my biking, shooting, kayaking, and perhaps running norm.

I will figure out karmanator and such. Standard rules, whatever that means, gotta have email etc.

Edited: Took the non asian fit glasses shooting this morning. Its 55ish degrees, no wind, no real movement on my part. No fogging at all. Can't tell what would happen if it was humid but for now these are the bomb in shooting glasses.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pedropcola,

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
In please. I’ll give em a shot. Thx for the chance.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In please, for Brecaidra. Thanks!

Posts: 2366 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
please include me.. thank you for the opportunity.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2673 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
hmmmm ... swim googles for shooting glasses? Whodathunk? I made the same "Asian fit" mistake with some Oakleys. For those who don't know, "Asian fit" is the honker opposite of "Italian fit."

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
I'm Asian and would love Asian fit shooting goggles. Thanks for the chance.
I have Asian fit sunglasses and can't believe the huge difference.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep. Asian fit and Italian fit are not the same. Lol

They only feel like swim goggles because of the strap. If Smith Optics sold these with a better option for the strap I think they would fly off the shelves. The good news is cheap options are readily available.

Google Boogie Regulator ballistic test.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I’ve always had issues with sunglasses fitting correctly until I discovered Asian-fit.

That’s all I buy now.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
Add me please! Asian, so I guess an Asian fit ought to fit! :-)

Posts: 4343 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeriel
posted Hide Post
I'm willing to give it a try. Count me in please. Thanks!

Posts: 1462 | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alright if there is no more interest I will wrap this up soon.

That being said I shot a steel match this morning. Standing around a lot, cold 40ish, 3 hours. No fogging, just about perfect shooting glasses, especially for a steel match where you always are getting peppered with fragments.

posted Hide Post
go ahead and please include me please , and thank you for the op

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Thank you, please enter me.

Haveme1@gmail.com

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
In Please. Sounds like what Grandson #1 needs.

Posts: 4410 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
Please add my name. Asian here, curious about "Asian fit". Thanks! Cool

Posts: 2660 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Karmanator has spoken. Bryan11 send me a shipping address sir. Enjoy

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
Karmanator has spoken. Bryan11 send me a shipping address sir. Enjoy

E-mail sent. Thanks!

Posts: 2366 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
congratulations Bryan and Bre

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54637 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
Rawny, e-mail sent. These are being re-karma-ed to you.

These are really great goggles, but they disappointingly don't fit me. I can place two fingers in my lack of nose bridge space, and my head is small enough that there is space at the outer edges. The strap is correct for my 21" head though. Big Grin

Anyway, thank you, pedropcola.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post