SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I guess I'd be arrested, because if I were on ths plane...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I guess I'd be arrested, because if I were on ths plane... Login/Join 
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Para woulda been like this Miami cop... Cool

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sp...-20171105-story.html

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I’m calling bullshit. This video is fake. There’s no way that was a woman. Razz

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
I’m calling bullshit. This video is fake. There’s no way that was a woman. Razz
What is your problem? Are you new here?

Tell me why I'm asking you these questions.

Here's a clue for you: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...460094434#9460094434

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Too much. The bimbo gets interviewed in jail and as you might expect... duh.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com...light-to-sacramento/

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16213 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
I always figured the little seatbelts they use for the demos would make good restraints.

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
sgalczyn

posted December 11, 2017 09:55 AM Hide Post
The "man" in the suit needed to intervene and not just sit and stare.

There are two kinds of people. The "Let's roll" kind. And people like him.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
I've never felt safer on an airplane than having a nice gentleman (Air Marshall) fly with us on a flight from CT to Fl accompanied by a dog.

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
My first reaction this morning when I saw this was that I probably would have started laughing out loud at the woman as we all waited for the police to come and take the crazy lady away. She's in no position to do anything to anybody. Now she's probably messed up her life rather badly, hopefully justice served.

I had a guy slam his seat back on me prior to take off on a flight a few years ago and when i told him to just lift it up until we took off he started screaming at me and cursing. Naturally people started taking out their phones to record. I looked at him and said "listen, we can either get where we are going tonight or you can be on the news, your call" as I hit the attendant button. He straightened his chair up for a few minutes. People are crazy.

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
Study up on Pressure Point Control. You can easily find these nerve clusters, and (from personal experience in training) I KNOW that they work. Even when I KNEW what was coming, I could not resist when the person was hitting them correctly.

Push a finger down into the one by the collar bone (Brachial Plexus Clavical Notch) or sternum (Jugular Notch Nerve), and this causes somebody to sit down (they instinctively move away from the pain). Press up on the one under the jaw bone (Hypoglossal Nerve) or under the ear (Mandibular Angle Nerve) and they stand up. Hit the one under the nose (Infra Orbital Nerve) and you can get them to do pretty much anything. They are GREAT non-lethal, non-permanent injury methods for obtaining quick and easy compliance. They don't leave a mark, they don't risk caving in somebody's skull (a padlock on a luggage strap could be considered 'lethal force'), and they are used by prison guards and other professionals, so you would be more likely to be covered legally by using the 'approved' methods.

What I saw in that video didn't reach the threshold of 'lethal force,' IMO, so one must have a variety of options available.

"Paging Mr. Spock; Mr Spock to the bridge, please."

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As soon as she said "I'll kill everyone on this plane", it's open season.

She needed to get put on the ground, hard. Restrained, hog tied and gagged.

Posts: 7019 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
Study up on Pressure Point Control. You can easily find these nerve clusters, and (from personal experience in training) I KNOW that they work. Even when I KNEW what was coming, I could not resist when the person was hitting them correctly.

Push a finger down into the one by the collar bone (Brachial Plexus Clavical Notch) or sternum (Jugular Notch Nerve), and this causes somebody to sit down (they instinctively move away from the pain). Press up on the one under the jaw bone (Hypoglossal Nerve) or under the ear (Mandibular Angle Nerve) and they stand up. Hit the one under the nose (Infra Orbital Nerve) and you can get them to do pretty much anything. They are GREAT non-lethal, non-permanent injury methods for obtaining quick and easy compliance. They don't leave a mark, they don't risk caving in somebody's skull (a padlock on a luggage strap could be considered 'lethal force'), and they are used by prison guards and other professionals, so you would be more likely to be covered legally by using the 'approved' methods.

What I saw in that video didn't reach the threshold of 'lethal force,' IMO, so one must have a variety of options available.

Sounds like the judo techniques my dad learned when he served in Korea in the mid 60s. If we got out of line (even into my 20s, yes I never learned) he’d get a hold of a nerve in your neck or leg and you’d immediately clinch up like a kitten held by the scruff of the neck. Add his ridiculous hand strength and you were apologizing fast as you could speak. Eek

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
ulsterman
posted December 12, 2017 10:13 AM Hide Post

I agree. You can sit and watch up until that point, because the flight attendants should be able to handle somebody who is just bitchy and loud. "I'll kill everyone" and now it's my business too. She goes to the ground.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
As soon as she said "I'll kill everyone on this plane" , it's open season.

She needed to get put on the ground, hard. Restrained, hog tied and gagged.

100%.

If she can not be restrained, her elbows need to be broken to prevent any struggle. Threatening to kill all on board a plane eliminates her rights, IMO.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
quote:
ulsterman
posted December 12, 2017 10:13 AM Hide Post

I agree. You can sit and watch up until that point, because the flight attendants should be able to handle somebody who is just bitchy and loud. "I'll kill everyone" and now it's my business too. She goes to the ground.

Never go full Honey Bunny!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
quote:
sgalczyn

posted December 11, 2017 09:55 AM Hide Post
The "man" in the suit needed to intervene and not just sit and stare.

There are two kinds of people. The "Let's roll" kind. And people in the "Let's roll one dude" crowd.

There, fixed it.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1906 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
Flight crew is generally trained to avoid direct confrontation in-flight. Woman was getting locked up on arrival no matter what. Going off the rails and threatening to kill people just makes diverting the flight more likely than before.

Hypothetically, can you think of reasons an armed LEO or FAM would NOT want to intervene absent a clear danger / assault / attempt to breach the cockpit?

Posts: 2462 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
I NEVER FLY WITHOUT DUCT TAPE IN MY CARRY ON!

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6010 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^

You quoted yourself from the last line in this article Big Grin

http://www.ocregister.com/2012...on-jwa-bound-flight/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post