SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I guess I'd be arrested, because if I were on ths plane...
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I guess I'd be arrested, because if I were on ths plane... Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
...and heard this woman threaten to kill everyone on the plane, I would have gotten up from my seat and probably tried to restrain her, which would likely lead to blows and me knocking out this batshit broad.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/...-caught-smoking.html

Unconscious, bleeding and hogtied is how you would have landed, dearie. You threaten me in a place that I am unable too leave...

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rocket72
posted Hide Post
Lol maybe somebody beat you to it.

"The woman, who was later identified as 24-year-old Valerie Curbelo of Sandy, Ore., was physically retrained for the remainder of the flight, according to KOVR, although Southwest has not confirmed those details."

She done got some new training

Posts: 1536 | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
So she disabled a smoke detector and then lit up due to "anxiety". I wonder how her anxiety level is doing in jail right now?

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At the end of the vid it looks like a guy is making a move to take care of business after her screeching about killing everyone on the plane. Hope she took an accidental elbow (or 10) to the face as he was helping her.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1745 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
The one who intervened did not do a proper job.

The bitch apparently walked off the plane.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Wow. That is one scary face of crazy. I sincerely hope she is now on the national No Fly list. (If there is such a thing)

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
Wow. That is one scary face of crazy. I sincerely hope she is now on the national No Fly list. (If there is such a thing)

There is, and if she's not on it, she sure as hell isn't ever flying Southwest again.

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
She just needed her support 'roo Razz (since it was a last minute flight, she had to leave it and her support orca back in Oregon)...I don't think she is crazy...I think she is just a pushy, loudmouth bitch used to getting her way in life...

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Dave Truong would have handled things dandy Big Grin

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I think I'll tuck a roll of this in my carry on next time I fly.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is it with people freaking out on planes?

I sit down, mind my space, put in my ear-buds and try to relax as much as possible.

But - yes - if an out-of-control passenger attempted to disrupt the craft in flight I would intervene if I could and thought it would help.

I always wear a sturdy belt on flights for this purpose.

-----------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
They need to have a trash chute for people like that. No need to waste time and money with an unnecessary landing.
Just drop her off and let authorities on the ground know the GPS coordinates.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Yup I would give her a knuckle sandwich.

Posts: 5298 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
The "man" in the suit needed to intervene and not just sit and stare.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm.... Says she was booked locally. Isn't this sort of stuff Federally chargeable?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I was thinking, "Where is David Truong when you need him?" and OddBall beat me to it with his post.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I was on a Ft Lauderdale flight when4 Middle east flyers were physically placed in their seats and "supervised by multiple passengers until the plane landed, where the Men in dark suits and sunglasses took them away to an unknown location in the Airport. Never heard a word about it again.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Say that on an airplane I'm on, and I'm going to Flight 93 fight-for-my-life.

Repeated hard blows to her throat would either shut her up, or really shut her up

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
What is it with people freaking out on planes?
Crammed into a cramped, crowded narow tube, surrounded by strangers and having almost no control over your situation. Some people do not handle this well, although in this case, I think the issue is just someone who can't go more than a few minutes without a cigarette and who has poor impulse control and a big mouth. In other words, a weakling. Loud threats don't mean shit.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:

I always wear a sturdy belt on flights for this purpose.

This is a nice belt for those occasions where you can't be armed with your favorite blaster.

blunt force trauma belt

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post