SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Where did the edit and quote post feature go?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where did the edit and quote post feature go? Login/Join 
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted
I saw a spelling error and wanted to fix it on a recent post. But the edit button is gone?????

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still there for me

Posts: 8957 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Bottom right hand corner of the post, same as always.

Nothing's changed.

The edit button will be missing if it's someone else's post, and will even be missing from your own posts if you're browsing while not logged into the forum.

Posts: 32509 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hamden106:
I saw a spelling error and wanted to fix it on a recent post. But the edit button is gone?????
Both still there

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23259 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have to be logged in.

Don't ask how I know this...

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Oh no! You're on double secret probation!

You need to go to Walmart RIGHT NOW and get $637.82 in prepaid green cards and call The Shovel Institute. Don't hesitate, don't meditate, don't be late!

*****Then you should log out and log back in.****

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Sounds OP is trying to edits other's posts. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
The only extra button on my display is "Hide Post"

SIGnature

Posts: 6314 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Did you forget to pay the monthly fee, again?

Q

Posts: 26388 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's your browser, or a cookie, maybe. Which browser are you using?

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Firefox

SIGnature

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Firefox

Not Firefox's issue.

Q

Posts: 26388 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Firefox
Are you logged in?
It all works normal for me with Firefox.

ETA: And the edit button is still there too, between the quote and alert buttons. Smile

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Logged in?

I'm posting here, but still no buttons as mentioned

???????????

I will clean out my cookies somehow. Got to check my password first.

SIGnature

Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Nope. Removed my login and cookie. Relogged in. Still no buttons. I guess you will have to deal with my rare msispelings and stuff

I think I will try repeat removals again and then reboot the hole pc

SIGnature

Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
Maybe someone is trying to tell you something....

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
Removed cookies and login, and rebooted.

Still no edit or quote buttons.

Oh well.....

SIGnature

Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe someone is trying to tell you something....

Highlighting in the original post seems to equal "quote". I someone is trying to tell me something, they should tell me.

SIGnature

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

And everything works for me, on a Microsoft browser, no less.

Posts: 27960 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
That's like my worst nightmare. I'm always going back to touch up a posts right after posting.

ETA: Mine works Razz
ETA: W/ Firefox no less.

Posts: 7357 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post