SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A sight not often seen in Texas
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A sight not often seen in Texas Login/Join 
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted

Some friends were in Florida for vacation and I jokingly told him if he wanted to bring me back a case of Yuengling I'd gladly reimburse him. Surprise surprise. It'll be a good weekend. Smile

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
My buddy just came back form a trip to FL with his son.
Brought back a whole bunch of that beer. Cool
Just had one (or two) with him a couple of days ago.

Posts: 22904 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
My go to brew AND I'm 20 minutes from it's origin.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4576 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Scientific Beer Geek
posted Hide Post
Yuengling Lager is my favorite domestic beer, which is not considered a microbrew. It also helps that I live in PA, so it is readily available.

Mike (Beer Geek)

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants to see us happy." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2079 | Location: Philadelphia Suburbs | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW, I had no idea Yuengling wasn't available everywhere. One of the few beers I consistently enjoy, and sort of a "go-to" beer for me, but I just took for granted that it was easy to get. I feel lucky now!

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
My go to brew AND I'm 20 minutes from it's origin.

My dad introduced it to me back in the mid 80's when he moved to Coopersburg and he tried out the small local brewery. I used to bring home 2 cases every time I'd go visit. It is still my go to beer.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3850 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
A very good beer, especially for the money, only a few pennies higher than the cheap suds.

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
My go to has always been Shiner. That said I do like variety, so when the opportunity presents itself...

I used to get Yuengling on business trips to Birmingham. As you note, for a very slight premium it's much better than the mass produced stuff.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of the days when people outside the Rocky Mountain region would pine after cases of Coors Beer. Hard to imagine, I know, but it really happened (see "Smokey and the Bandit" for reference). Big Grin

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
my friends used to drive from Athens, GA to South Carolina to buy it back in college. I never considered it worth the 5 minute drive to the store, personally, much less an hour or so each way. It's ok, but certainly nothing special.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
That is my favorite every day beer. Well, not exactly, since I don't drink beer every day, more like maybe once a month or so, but it's my first choice. Especially a glass (or pitcher if I'm sharing it with somebody) of draft Youngling with a burger.

Mmmm... Maybe my wife will want a date when she finishes at her office tomorrow. Chili's has decent burgers and Youngling on tap.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Reminds me of the days when people outside the Rocky Mountain region would pine after cases of Coors Beer. Hard to imagine, I know, but it really happened (see "Smokey and the Bandit" for reference). Big Grin
I remember in the 1970s and 1980s, when I lived in the Chicago area, Coors was desired and hard to find.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
My go to brand when I go home to NW PA.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My preference....

Shiner Bock, Texas.

Straub's, St. Mary's, Pennsylvania.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
The green bottles taste like budwater to me. On tap or in cans it's way better.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I haven't had the stuff often, but I haven't been impressed. Better than Miller Lite, but that is faint praise.

Don't be insulted, but I just don't get why people rave about this stuff. I feel the same way about Shiner. Better than the biggest beer companies' swill, but not all that different.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Used to drink it all the time back in VA...

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I had Yeungling probably 25 years ago on a few trips down to King of Prussia PA for work.
It just became available here 4-5 years ago.
It's my regular beer since then.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wishbone
posted Hide Post
Sam Adams and Yuengling are my 2 favorite beers. I also brought a case of Yuengling back from Florida last month. I don't think the sell it anywhere west of the Mississippi.

Posts: 946 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: November 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I've never understood why people go so nuts over this one. I wouldn't cross the street for one... and I can.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post