SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Intense police shooting after officer run over by (now very dead) driver
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Intense police shooting after officer run over by (now very dead) driver Login/Join 
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
I find it difficult to imagine being that stupid. At least neither of those two will ever make that mistake again.

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also wonder if they had been more aggressive early on, if the car would have been disabled.

The poor officer run over, that must hurt like hell. He may never work, never ski, ride a bike, lots of things he may never do again.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
I find it difficult to imagine being that stupid. At least neither of those two will ever make that mistake again.

Meth-heads, I bet.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
I also wonder if they had been more aggressive early on, if the car would have been disabled....

Get Mid-IDF-all on they ass.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Meanwhile, officials say the critically injured officer still needs multiple surgeries on his legs. They don’t know if he’ll ever work again.

The sorry fucks related to the dead sorry fucks should be sued to pay that man’s medical bills and salary for the rest of his life.

I don’t think they shot them enough times.

Thank goodness there was a black cop on the scene or the cries of racism would’ve been the first ones before the bodies even got cold.

Posts: 13091 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
As far as I'm concerned, once you choose to ignore "STOP... POLICE" any force needed to apprehend you is your fault. Granted there may be some cases where an officer escalates too far or too fast but the fact remains, had you complied the chain of events would not have been triggered.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Toyota makes a good product.

Hope the officer recovers fully.

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good shoot! Sounded like about twenty rounds? Big Grin

"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

Posts: 9249 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
This 22 year old female took her 30 year old passenger with her.

He died with his hands up.

For the younger members, a classic line from the old westerns was "He died with his boots on." It was even a movie:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0034277/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I hope the officer that was run over is able to fully recover from his injuries in every respect and return to duty.

I wonder what possessed the driver to go to those lengths to escape. Clearly not worth it.

In the comments, it says the office was released from the hospital later that night and is expected to make a full recovery.

Glad it wasn't as bad as it looked.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I found De’Angelo Brown's obituary.

quote:
Survivors include ... brothers, Lemarutius Clyburn ... DeMariyon Drakeford ....

The names parents give their progeny today.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31425 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
3] Why anyone would second guess this shooting is beyond me.

It is called MONEY!

Sue the police, city, county etc and hope for a nice payout.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
The sorry fucks related to the dead sorry fucks should be sued to pay that man’s medical bills and salary for the rest of his life.

Agreed, but .....

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
By herself, maybe she would not have resorted to this. My guess was the BF was the one who would not let her stop.
Possibly.
Be nice to know what the priors were for both of them.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
By herself, maybe she would not have resorted to this. My guess was the BF was the one who would not let her stop.
Possibly.
Be nice to know what the priors were for both of them.

She had a DV, he had a DV & burglary.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Man.

You see shit like this and it renews my appreciation for the men and women in Blue.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
To quote the Perps sister “It was just too much force that was taken,” Tierra Clyburn said. "For them (LEO’s) not to get no type of punishment, it makes them think they can do whatever they want to do.”

Is she for real? What reality are these people living in?! The restraint exemplified during this pursuit is nothing short of heroic!

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
They are living in a ghetto entitlement reality.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who cares what the family or friends say or think. They are going to spout that venom no matter how righteous the shooting is. It's gotten to the point that I don't even hear them. What REALLY angers me is the way the news media gives them a forum to spew their bullshit knowing it's bullshit.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
I found De’Angelo Brown's obituary.

quote:
Survivors include ... brothers, Lemarutius Clyburn ... DeMariyon Drakeford ....

The names parents give their progeny today.

Was Clamitius Colgate not in attendance? I know her brothers, Jussie, Jassie, and Jissie.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post