SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Intense police shooting after officer run over by (now very dead) driver
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Intense police shooting after officer run over by (now very dead) driver Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
This 22 year old female took her 30 year old passenger with her.

Posts: 107462 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
A: She dead

B: What the hell kind of car was she driving? Talk about an endurance test, that thing just kept going!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doin' what I can
with what I got
Picture of Rob Decker
posted Hide Post
Looks like a newer Toyota midsize (Camry? Corolla?)

----------------------------------------
Death smiles at us all. Be sure you smile back.

Posts: 5540 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She was driving a Toyota Camry.

Posts: 1177 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Toyota Camry.

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
That certainly was intense. I wonder why the airbags didn't go off when she was rammed from the front. That was a hard hit.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I hope the officer that was run over is able to fully recover from his injuries in every respect and return to duty.

I wonder what possessed the driver to go to those lengths to escape. Clearly not worth it.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37949 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
No surprise here.

https://wreg.com/2019/03/15/fa...st-memphis-shooting/

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Where was this? About as dumb as you can get. Before you get shot by the Police. The police showed a ton of restraint before doing what was absolutely necessary.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19155 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Holy shit that was intense!! Hope the officer that was run over will be okay!!

Posts: 3850 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
We often say stupid should hurt. These two provide an example of how the theory can also be proportional.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2003 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I get they were in a stolen car, and doing cocaine, but was she a "Never take me alive" or "Never going back to prison" type or was it just cocaine stupidity at its finest?

She got herself and her boyfriend justifiably dead over what would have been a few years in prison at most.

quote:
Originally posted by sig229-SAS:
Holy shit that was intense!! Hope the officer that was run over will be okay!!

"... officials say the critically injured officer still needs multiple surgeries on his legs. They don’t know if he’ll ever work again."

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31420 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hjs157
posted Hide Post
West Memphis, AR. The attached article says the officer received only minor injuries. The article linked above says he was seriously injured and requires several surgeries.

https://wreg.com/2019/01/19/au...r-involved-shooting/

Posts: 3503 | Location: Western PA | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
Chased in a high-speed pursuit, and the driver was still using turn signals? What a dumbass.
Read that the officer that was hurt may never work again, had leg injuries. That's very tough. And the family of the driver thinks too much force was used?
I hope the officer fully recovers.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
ammoholic
Picture of drtenb330
posted Hide Post
The video shows the officer's legs under the car, getting injured. The way it was positioned, it was a serious injury - one leg on top, or angled over the other. That's traumatic - and yes, I've seen enough of them to opine.
I really hope the officer is doing well. That's very hard to watch.

Posts: 1632 | Location: Miami Beach, Florida | Registered: December 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Where was this?

WEST MEMPHIS, Ark.

1] I hope the cop turns out to be ok. Sadly, he's got some recovery ahead of him.

quote:
officials say the critically injured officer still needs multiple surgeries on his legs. They don’t know if he’ll ever work again.

2] Too bad so many very nice cop cars got dented / wrecked.

3] Why anyone would second guess this shooting is beyond me.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10892 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I’m actually surprised they didn’t take more aggressive steps to stop it earlier on. Seems like they never really wanted to make hard contact until they were forced to.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
Can you imagine waking up with that shit show going on on your front lawn?

Hope the injured cop comes out of it the best way possible.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
"Northbound, MLK"

Cruiser spins the car.

"Southbound, MLK"

So is this where the phrase "drive it like you stole it" comes from? One flat tire. Two flat tires. Another flat tire. Just, wow.

Posts: 10900 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chased in a high-speed pursuit, and the driver was still using turn signals? What a dumbass.

I was thinking the same thing. I took my kids to see the Lego 2 movie a couple weeks ago and they did the same thing as a joke.

It amazes me how the family can say it was excessive force.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post