SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This Sunday, Some Churchgoers May Choose to Pack Guns With Their Bibles
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This Sunday, Some Churchgoers May Choose to Pack Guns With Their Bibles Login/Join 
Picture of Uppster
posted Hide Post
I bet there were more guns in churches this morning than any gun show

God,Guns,Cars,& 1Wife, I would say I have it all.

Posts: 1448 | Location: Independence MO | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I go to a small church...there are probably about 75-80 attendees on any given Sunday, and that includes children. I know of at least 3 other people who carry every Sunday...and there are probably more. My pastor is a younger guy from the city...not quite as right-leaning as most of the locals. I think at first he was a little taken aback when he found out. I explained to him that as a cop, I carry everywhere, and my department expects me to. If my gun can't go, I don't go.

He's come to realize over the years that we're not a bunch of crazed gun nuts...we just believe in protecting ourselves and our families. He even asked me to do a talk on gun safety one time during a men's breakfast at the church, complete with a few firearms for familiarization/show-and-tell. I'd be interested to have another talk with him now, considering recent events, to get his take on things.

My dad is a pastor of a rural church in Ohio. There are a number of active and retired cops, as well as plenty of hunters and firearms enthusiasts in his congregation. He has openly encouraged members to carry to church. If anybody ever tried to pull a stunt like Sutherland Springs in his church, they'd likely be cleaning him out of the foyer with a mop and shovel.

Posts: 8415 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
I’ve been carrying in church for years. I’ve given carry advice and sold firearms to pastors, it’s nothing new in Texas. I’ve had a pastor at a church I used to go to tell me to open carry my S&W 500 (the 4” version). I was tempted to but felt it would be a distraction. I’ve actually preached before while carrying concealed. I wouldn’t attend a church that prohibited them.

Posts: 4075 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will fear no evil..
Psalm 23:4
posted Hide Post
I have always carried my weapon to church. Statistically, you can't get a softer target. On a side note, many, many years ago my Pastor grabbed me after the service and whispered to me, "Hey, do you carry your gun in church? I said yes I do! He smiled and said good! I want to have an armed person here every service. We are a conservative church and he routinely prays for the Police and Military.

Posts: 947 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Yeah... I've been carrying at church since I've had my permit.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I normally carry a Seecamp on me but now it will be a 43.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I never understood disarming yourself for things like this.

Turn the other cheek sounds great until you are the lamb at the slaughter.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post