SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tie hanger suggestions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tie hanger suggestions Login/Join 
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted
I used to have a flat tie hanger that was white with about 35 slots for ties. I loved that thing, but I can't find anything like it now. Could anyone suggest anything similar? I own a ton of ties and most don't hold enough for my needs.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have this wall mountable one which I really like:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000...gid=pla-273887490669

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the suggestions. I'm going to try one of them since it doesn't seem like they make the kind I'm looking for.

The one I had was similar to this, but with a lot more holes.

Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
Thank you for the suggestions. I'm going to try one of them since it doesn't seem like they make the kind I'm looking for.

The one I had was similar to this, but with a lot more holes.

this holds 10, and looks nice.

https://www.amazon.com/Florida...Hanger/dp/B00AAQHT5S

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
What's a tie? And why do you need to hang it?

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have 3 similar to these for my ties and they are great. Thank god I don’t have to wear ties with my current job, but I did have to for well over 20 years. I hate wearing a tie.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
What's a tie? And why do you need to hang it?

It’s a device one uses in the same fashion as a tea bag to make soup. This is only achieved after about a year or so of use as a shirt napkin, worn around the neck in the same manner as a bib.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I use a coat hanger for pants that have the round cardboard center for my extra ties.

I have a wooden one mounted to the wall for existing ties in use.

Check WalMart online:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Spe...t-Organizer/39885484

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I retired 5 years ago but I have this vague recollection, something that went around you neck, right ?

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I took the pants hanger idea and came up with a solution using hangers I already own Smile

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I use this one. Works as advertised, hangs ties. I can leave for work, be gone all day, and when I get home they are still hanging there, just as I left them. It's almost like magic. I'm not sure I could be any happier with a tie rack.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The teabag thing never worked for me. Pouring hot water thru my beard, however....

Posts: 17142 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://lumberjocks.com/assets/...-438x.jpg?1325636456

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54626 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post