SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I just saw something that I'd never seen before
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I just saw something that I'd never seen before Login/Join 
posted
http://www.fleetsafety.com/go-...sh-bumper-2006-2017/

a dodge charger with a grill guard on the front .
Eek

who knew?

I wonder if they make the for "04" Le sabre's ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretty common on all models of the police vehicles around here.

Posts: 578 | Location: East Texas | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
"Roo Bars"

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Many/most police cars have push bumpers.

Dodge Chargers are currently one of the most common police cars.

Therefore, they make push bumpers for Dodge Chargers.

(Finding one for a Buick LeSabre is a much taller order.)

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
That's a pretty much standard accessory for PD Chargers. . .

Don't know if I've ever seen on one a purely 'civilian' Charger (not an ex-PD car). Looks pretty neat, though.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
All of our cars have them, and have for 6-7 years now. We had a deputy hit a cow in the middle of the road while running emergency to get to a call. Car was still heavily damaged, but it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. I've seen worse when cars hit a deer.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by will347wax:
Pretty common on all models of the police vehicles around here.

Ditto here in NY.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7489 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Put it on a Hellcat. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:
All of our cars have them, and have for 6-7 years now. We had a deputy hit a cow in the middle of the road while running emergency to get to a call. Car was still heavily damaged, but it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. I've seen worse when cars hit a deer.

One of the exciting events of my youth was when a young man I knew was driving out on Devil's Backbone one night, came around a bend in the road and smacked a ~2,000 lb. bull. This was probably in the late '50's when cars were still seriously stoutly made.

The bull slid up on the hood, collapsed the roof structure, killed the driver and the bull and made a mess out of everything.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I looked for lights in the rear window or a spot light on the pillar or a cage , and this vehicle had none of that

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Put it on a Hellcat. Big Grin

I would LOVE to have a Hellcat!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder if they make the for "04" Le sabre's ?

What Bendable wants, Bendable gets!

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15692 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
At lunch today, I saw a car with the bull bar (aka push bumper) and longhorn steer horns were mounted on the bull bar.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I looked for lights in the rear window or a spot light on the pillar or a cage , and this vehicle had none of that

Your picture link showed a pillar spotlight.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
At least the ones we have on our Chargers are real. We had them mounted on our old Impalas as well. problem was, the ones on the Impalas weren't solidly mounted to the frame. They were literally just there as siren mounts and were just barely hanging on there. Getting the siren(s) out into the open air in front of the car makes a huge difference in how well the sound carries. Plus they look cool. Never underestimate the value of looking cool.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
As far as visible lights go, our unmarked cars (for investigators, not to be confused with undercover cars) don't have dash or rear deck lights. Hell, mine doesn't have blue lights at all unless I grab one of the old gumball machines that plug into the cigarette lighter. The ones that DO have lights have them mounted in the grill and in low profile mounts along the upper edge of the front and rear windows. They are pretty hard to see if they aren't running and you don't know where to look. I WISH I had a spot light. My Columbomobile doesn't have one. My Crime Scene Van didn't have one. The last squad car I drove TECHNICALLY had one, but it was broken. You had to reach out the window and aim it by hand and the switch only worked on alternating Tuesdays. At least these days I don't really need to hunt for street adresses at night. We investigators pick up on subtle clues like "Oh look, there are fifteen squad cars there and a bunch of Crime Scene tape. That must be the scene."

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I have hit and killed 5-6 deer in the last twenty years in Montana. I call the 'deer tenderizers'.

I've seen them on Subarus here too.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Your picture link showed a pillar spotlight.

that was not the car that I saw,
the posted picture is from a retailer that sells the grill guards

sorry for the mix up