SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    In today's edition of Click-Bait Article Titles- "Little Girl Blown Away in Lyndhurst"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

In today's edition of Click-Bait Article Titles- "Little Girl Blown Away in Lyndhurst" Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
"A little girl in Lyndhurst literally got blown away during Wednesday's windstorm in Northeast Ohio."

Uh huh. Watch the video. Yes, so very dramatic. In no way is the title of the article misleading. This is not click-bait. Of course not. This is a perfectly reputable practice which no news organization should be ashamed to employ.
Furthermore, they did not seize up the truly cheap opportunity to use the phrase "blown away", which has obvious connotations in our society, and they certainly didn't exploit our concerns for helpless children.

Great job

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
FOX online has been going downhill with that crap for over a year. (I do not watch TV news anymore, only tuning into specifics, like President Trump's addresses or similar things, that the group here recommends.)

I am sick of all of what is passed off as "news" and "reporting".

Yellow journalism has become steaming brown...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Here's another from FOX.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...illed-with-guns.html

You would think that trainloads of guns are being looted. I didn't know they shipped trainloads of guns anywhere, much less to Chicago.

Turns out the truth is somewhat different than the headline.

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Lyndhurst is where I was born and raised. Graduate of Brush High, product of the rust belt. No BS.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Here's another from FOX.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...illed-with-guns.html

You would think that trainloads of guns are being looted. I didn't know they shipped trainloads of guns anywhere, much less to Chicago.

Turns out the truth is somewhat different than the headline.

And the story is a retread. It was posted either on Fox or one of the other big names in the past few months. This time, Fox deleted the paragraphs about the metric shit ton of electronics stolen out of the same rail yard. Someone is trying to drive a narrative.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
FOX used to be a reputable news source........dam near tabloid now with all the click bait, girls and sex-help "articles".

Drudge and Breitbart still have hope

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4577 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
CNN posted the same.

Although I have seen a small child 'blown away' by wind. I was at the lake home of my Uncle's best friend for a Saturday of fun on the water. A freak storm appeared in the distance and we observed this line of white coming across the water. My cousin and the other little girl (about 6) came running down the yard to us. We got hit by what I can only describe as a wall of wind, it almost knocked my uncle, his buddy, and me over, and it picked my cousin and her friend up and blew them back about 20 feet into the yard.

Just then we heard screams from 2 houses down and a huge crash. There was a large maple tree lake side with a deck around it, the tree was blown back in the yard tilting the deck up at about 80 degrees, we watched everyone on the lake side of the deck, now assisted by gravity, slide to terra firma in a big pile of tables, chairs, people, food, and drink. Fortunately no one was hurt but the house was damaged.

And just that fast it was over and sunny again....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't watch the news...don't care what they think about anything.
Nothing they have to say affects my life one bit.
If I want to be lied to I will talk to a politician or my 1st wife.

Posts: 162 | Registered: April 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post