SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Parris Island recruits had a ‘choice’ to go to ‘war’ — here’s what happened:
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Parris Island recruits had a ‘choice’ to go to ‘war’ — here’s what happened: Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Alpine79830:
Task forced with a gurl Marine SSgt from the Charleston brig during detainee ops in 2010, the "lady" broke one of my guard's arms during hand to hand training, it's in the attitude not the gender.
OK, so, men and women are, on average, the same height and weight? They have the same BMI and equal upper body strength?

Do I have this correct? The attitude is the only difference? This is what you're trying to sell us, for whatever reason. Do I understand correctly?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107577 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
OK, got it. I just hope to fuck Charlie's fucking Angels don't crash through your front window to bust you for something Smile peace man!

I'm just going to mention that if Lucy Liu crashed through my window and tied me up, I would not resist. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This video of a pugil fight has been on the forum before as I recall. This boot is no "Charlie's Angel" and reminds me of why "I" do not women next to me in combat.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
This is not an issue about trust between officer/NCO and recruits, it's an issue of mental toughness and separating the weak from the strong.
The job of the military is to kill people and break shit. If you can't or won't do it, you do not belong in a uniform.

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Every Marine is a basic rifleman and yes even WM's. As far as what good are they to the Corps, WM's have filled all non combatant MOS's in the past from admin to supply, cooks, MP's just to name a few and the list of MOS's goes on. The Corps is better off without her and anyone with her mind set.

Posts: 1955 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That video says it all. Attitude takes you only so far. You have to be able to back it up with force.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Rush Limbaugh says this world is governed by the aggressive use of force. I'll add that overwhelming mass helps too. Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That video is funny. I have no points to make other than to reiterate the above. Inclusion merely is a vehicle to lower standards. If the Obama/Hilary machine had continued to its logical conclusion, standards across the board would have been altered to "even" the playing field. Under the dipshit SecDef Ash Carter the policy was that the services had to prove why stuff was so hard. They had to justify the standards. The writing was on the wall. Marine Infantry Officer course was going to get easier. Ranger training same. Who knows what would have been next.

The trans issue would have muddied the waters even more.

Posts: 7473 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Task forced with a gurl Marine SSgt from the Charleston brig during detainee ops in 2010, the "lady" broke one of my guard's arms during hand to hand training, it's in the attitude not the gender.
OK, so, men and women are, on average, the same height and weight? They have the same BMI and equal upper body strength?

Do I have this correct? The attitude is the only difference? This is what you're trying to sell us, for whatever reason. Do I understand correctly?

Apologies, out. No the attitude is not the only difference but it plays a big part, "an army of lions led by asses will never defeat an army of asses led by lions".

One on one with mace, sword, and BMI I can defeat any female out there, but given the ROE at the time all I can say is the females that crash landed on a shithook and had to kill people on a raid did what they were supposed to do.

Posts: 693 | Location: West of the Pecos | Registered: July 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, we agree that gender does matter, and matters a very great deal.

Therefore, men being stronger by far on average, men should do the fighting.

I have no platitudes to offer up, only the plain facts.

Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 18Z50:
SOF training cadre tried this once....ended with both HALO ODA's fist fighting to see which Team got to HALO into the fight.

If your not on a HALO ODA you may miss the joke.

Exactly....that would be a hell of a ride

Not SF...never was but out CA detachment asked for volunteers for one of the first reserve rotations supporting SF (as we were supposed to as a FID/UW designated unit) I made the cut.....then they lost my reup papers...filed 3 months beforehand.....I was so pissed, my det commander tried to make me feel better by saying....."well, you know Iraq is coming".....thanks Sir, hmmm support SF or support a leg unit...probably Mech or Armored....

Thanks for nothing....Sir Roll Eyes

They earned the scorn they received, and from their discharge it sounds like the Corps is much better off without them.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by wishfull thinker:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Someone please tell me why women are necessary in the Marines.

Going to have to pass boss, nothing comes to mind, and I've been thinking about it for a long time.

I've heard that a lot. One-offs happen all the time, I'm not buyin' it.

OK, got it. I just hope to fuck Charlie's fucking Angels don't crash through your front window to bust you for something Smile peace man!

Posts: 6390 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig Marine:
This video of a pugil fight has been on the forum before as I recall. This boot is no "Charlie's Angel" and reminds me of why "I" do not women next to me in combat.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/p1jCOkyuzCs?rel=0" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Always makes me chuckle....thanks

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Agree, no more comment Smile

Posts: 693 | Location: West of the Pecos | Registered: July 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Joined the Corps the Monday after graduating high school, June 1972. Boot camp was run pretty much like the movie 'Full Metal Jacket'. Traveled the world, did and saw some pretty interesting things the next 4 years. It was the best thing that could have happened to me at age 18. Things have changed somewhat at Boot Camp but all Marines need to be grunt first and their MOS second..

Posts: 1451 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
Boot camp was run pretty much like the movie 'Full Metal Jacket'.

Great movie and it was except for the part where he slapped Matthew Modine.
There were rumors that 3rd Battalion on the Island could get a little physical.
I was 1st Battalion and never saw it in my platoon.
Everything else was pretty spot on.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
quote:
There were rumors that 3rd Battalion on the Island could get a little physical

We referred to it as the Beatem and Keepem Battalion.

Posts: 1955 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Are there women who can achieve the same physical standards as men? Sure but those are the exception to the rule. Every rule besides gravity has exceptions.

Wish the Army had the USMC mentality that everyone is a rifleman first and insert your MOS here is second.

Posts: 13110 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

Wish the Army had the USMC mentality that everyone is a rifleman first and insert your MOS here is second.

Then you have little appreciation for reality and the scope of the US Army. The active Army is much larger (300K + more) with many more job descriptions. Not to mention the Guard / Reserves. That's another 500,000.

Plus - I always hear that and it's another USMC line IMO.

Does every Marine - regardless of job description - receive the same small arms sustainment training after initial training? In terms of intensity / frequency of training, level of complexity, number of live rounds fired across infantry weapons systems, etc? I bet the answer is No.

If you say Yes then you are saying a Marine truck driver does the same live fire range training with the same frequency with the same intensity as a Fleet Infantry Marine.

If the answer is No then its just a phrase they parrot to sound good. Which again I dislike because the USMC is outstanding enough they don't have to say ridiculous claims like that.

In life - we want specificity. If I need heart surgery - I don't care if my surgeon knows how to fly a plane. It sounds good - but it's not helpful.

The Army has what - like 5 times as many active combat Divisions as the USMC? Add in Reserves / Guard and the number is so much higher (over 500K reserve / guard members...) They don't need to say - 'every soldier is a rifleman'.

It's an Apples / Oranges comparison that you always have to remember.

--------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
Boot camp was run pretty much like the movie 'Full Metal Jacket'.

Great movie and it was except for the part where he slapped Matthew Modine.
There were rumors that 3rd Battalion on the Island could get a little physical.
I was 1st Battalion and never saw it in my platoon.
Everything else was pretty spot on.

With the above exception and minus the dead drill instructor my time at Ft. Benning in 1982 was pretty much the first half of that movie.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post